26 replies to this topic

#21 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Yep, turn 1 at the creek is an attention grabber, especially driving over a line of gearbox oil from a car just in front of you and you wonder why you understeer at about 190km/h at the apex of the corner. Or even scarier, when the still ran the drags up the hill and had the grip stuff basically up to the entry point at turn 1. Made the wet very intersting, seen plenty of cars spear off there and had one car spear into me pushing me into another car that ended up in the tyres on the drag strip taking the front clip off hhat car and the car that hit me ending up in the wall on the inside of pit lane whilst I was spat out the middle into second place and every panel bar the roof and hatch damaged from being a pinball at over 160km/h.

Richard, if you can and the calendars line up do the trip to EC and then onto Phillip Island.

#22 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

No reason not to try EC, but turn one with a 3.7 diff would see the Z doing ~250kph in fifth at 6500rpm. Which, from what I've heard, may be faintly suicidal for me :)

#23 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

That's what brakes are for  ;D

Or put a 102hp L18 in it, I don't have to brake for turn 1 :-[

#24 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

Most just drop back to 4th, so you can accelerate out of turn 1
Car will get a bit floaty. Tight line nto it, as there is a slight transition hump where the emergency road continues straight ahead.
Yes, i got the FOSC dates too, a good mix of events they are putting on.

#25 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Will have to organise a Auszcar sprints day at EC or PI next year some time, once my situation settles down.

#26 1600dave

1600dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

FoSC are happy to arrange a "private" group if you can fill a grid - there was a "zed only" event at one of their meetings last year

#27 Grandad

Grandad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

That's sad news although not entirely unexpected.

We ran all three FOSC Bathurst regularity events and with the car double entered we found them extremely competitor friendly, at the time of entering for 2008 I contacted Charles to see what our chances were of being accepted he said they could fill the grid from Sydney alone but that's not what they were after and welcomed interstate participation but not from inexperienced first timers we had to show our competition history including track times fortunately by then we had run Phillip Island which helped we also shipped the car over early to run at Oran Park so they could see us in action if they chose to.

Initially we intended to only do it once but it was so good that we decided to keep going back for as long as FOSC would accept us and they had a ten year contract on the Easter date but the 2010 event almost didn't happen due to a court action Jellins (the Sprint Bathurst promoter) claiming FOSC were undervaluing the circuit, long live not for profit motorsport.

Those of you who were there will remember that the 2010 event was extended by one day to accommodate a porkers event that we also entered to maximize track time unfortunately the porker people literally took over and the flavor of the event both in the pits and on track changed significantly from friendly fast to aggressive it appeared the porker guys were full on racing and the speed variation we thought was sufficiently dangerous that we packed up early and became spectators.

I feel for you guys who haven't experienced Bathurst at full song but as an experience PI is not all that far behind and as others have said turn one at Eastern Creek is great fun.

Hopefully regularity will return to the mountain at some future date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users