XR6T 240z Lives on.

Girks

Hey all! My name is Girks, and this might be a bit of a touchy intro for some people on here already.

I was a good friend of Kyle (K240z as previously known on here), as some of you may remember. For those that don't know, he passed away a few years ago.

I wont go into past details, or spread negative vibes, but to spread positive vibes instead! and I'm just here to say hello and to let you know that I am currently continuing work on his beloved 240z :) (I am doing everything in my power to ensure that this build goes exactly how kyle would have wanted it, every decision into the build, kyles thoughts are taken into consideration, this is not my car to modify to how i want, otherwise, it wouldn't be his anymore)

For those that remember Kyle, and his 240z, I am happy to inform you that his Datsun is still together!.... in pieces and incomplete... but its all there haha, and his xr6t conversion is still on its way!! and looking crazy as ever!

It's currently in shop getting worked on and hopefully be complete some stage early next year! Which then to celebrate I will be holding a charity cruise to help raise money for beyond blue, and help raise awareness, also to celebrate the life that Kyle had, and come together to see his one hell of a Datsun, finally on the road! :)

I'll make up another build thread eventually so all of kyles old mates, if you guys are still here somewhere, can continue to look over and enjoy the build, as i hope he does also.

Before i end this intro, i just want to get one thing straight. I just want to say, I will NEVER consider this car mine. It will forever be kyles, and that is that.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my intro, and I hope everyone can enjoy the return of kyles 240z, especially once complete :)

Peace! -Girks.

Nice work Girks, I'm glad to hear your plans for the zed will be the same as what Kyles dream was.

I wish you luck with the project.  And I'm sure the boys will all get behind the Charity Cruse and support it.

Keep us in the loop with the progress.. Cheers.

What is the plan for the charity cruise? I.e. Thoughts on how you're going to raise money? Considered multiple car club types to make it worth while? Think it's a good opportunity if done right.

Not to put a negative on it, but if you want to get other clubs involved you'll have to tell Kyle's story a bit.

Could I suggest working out exactly how it'll be told before saying anything, keep his memory positive.

Anyway, awesome to see this build being continued, it was going to be epic back then and will be when it's finished.

Maybe reserve 'Kyle' plates now, if they aren't already taken.

I hope you can raise heaps of awareness in Kyles memory, I'll be watching for sure.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, long time no entry!

Today I've been scouring the internet for 240z parts and ended up coming back to viczcar to read through Kyle's build page, which happens every so often for me, reading through those page still makes me feel like Kyle's here with us, and it just puts a smile on my face to see words from him, and the passion he had behind this build, and it just makes me feel a whole lot closer to him again.. now while reading through the pages, i came across some few new posts regarding his car and whats happening to it, so since its been a while, i luckily remembered my account details, and ill give you a bit of an update, and i apologize for having not kept this thread up to date!

Firstly, a bit of a background on myself, I first met Kyle many many moons ago, i think i was about 14 or 15 years old, through one of his very good friends, Ben. Ben and Kyle would play a craaaazy amounts of the arcade game, maximum tune together, which i assume many of you guys and girls would know of, as its based on the anime Wangan Midnight, which obviously is the birth place of the infamous Devil Z.

Ben and Kyle where seriously outstanding players, and they were quite feared by a few back in the day hahaha. Ben also went along with Kyle to check out and purchase his 240z, and was right there next to him for his very first drive in it.

I met Kyle through this common interest as i played maximum tune also, and man did we have some great battles down the wagan all together haha. Kyle later ended up becoming a seriously amazing friend with the most biggest heart i'd ever known for a guy to have, and i know everyone that knew him, thought the exact same. He would take me out in my old Ae86 while i was on my L plates, as he was fully licensed, and we'd go for drives through the hills and accompany me in the ae86 for car meets/cruises. We'd chat about the zed and how amazing it would be when complete, and dream about taking it through the spur... while we listened to the script haha.

Those times are still very sadly missed, but they push me on through hard times and fuel my desire to finish his car to how he wanted it.

Not much has been done since my first post, i have gone through and completed an apprenticeship, been through hard financial times, and over the course of the last 9 months, i have been building up my own business, and have just recently opened my own shop with another great friend of mine.

I am finally at the point in my life where i can get stuck into Kyle's car, and lose myself in it, and i couldn't be happier.

I will try and be as active as i can on here, and post updates as much as i can.

We moved the 240z into the shop along with all of our equipment this week, and last night i started to strip it down with a couple of mates. The body has a few bumps and bruises with some good ol' rust, so my plan is to get it stripped down and get the bodywork underway. After this is done, I'm aiming to get the xr6t motor wired up and running, ill get everything in place in the engine bay (wiring/loom/piping/brackets/ect) and plug weld/shave anything unnecessary in there to get the bay looking as clean and as immaculate as possible.

I will also get in contact with my automotive engineer and get him to go over the car with me and see what will need to be done to try and get this car passed and fully registered at a later date.

Thank you everyone for your patience and reading my novel haha. Hope to post up some updates very soon.

-Girks.

s30z_zpslq24sczz.jpg

Edited by Girks

As someone who has taken over a build under similar circumstances, I'll make couple suggestions, put your own ideas into the car too. Keep with what Kyle wanted, but don't limit yourself to JUST what you think he'd want, you need to put a bit of yourself into it too, also don't worry about how long the project takes, just work on it and it will get done.

In my case, the car belonged to my uncle. It was his first car, and his first car he built from scratch with his father, my Grandfather. There's a long story I won't get into, but to make it a bit short, the car was heavily damaged, some parts lost in a fire, and then sat for many years. My uncle and I started to rebuild it in the mid '90's. He and I discussed a lot of details over the time we spent together on it. He passed away in 2002, and so the project got stalled at that point. My Grandfather and I eventually decided to finish the project. Took a long time, but it finally got back on the road last year. So that's 14 years between when my Uncle passed and the car made it back on the road. I wanted it to be sooner, but this is just how it worked out, so don't be discouraged if the project takes longer than you would like.

I stayed true to many ideas that my Uncle wanted , but did put my own flare on it. One area were this is a mixture is the interior. This build he just wanted a simple grey fabric interior (original was white vinyl), I did use some grey fabric, but also added some red vinyl, to add a bit more flare and touch of my own.

So, happy to see this project continue, it can be therapeutic and also saving another S30 to be driven again. 

post-101516-0-65867500-1506577914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Six_Shooter