As NEW 1971 RHD 240Z; The Brown Hornet - SOLD

acf321

Following the very recent sale of another mint 240Z, I am considering finding a new home for the Brown Hornet. All details available on build thread. Driven 800 miles since complete 5yrs + rebuild.

I'm not posting price, albeit as per the header I am inviting Expressions Of Interest for genuine buyers only.

Please PM me with genuine interest only.

Regards,

Adam.

• Administrators

Just a monstrous house to renovate and the car is not being used.

Hey! I called you to bring the thing out on our last drive. I've even got the indicator stalk at my place waiting for you to pick it up.

Just do what every other Australian does and take out a loan based on your built up equity (since property is going through the roof in this country).

http://www.whocrashedtheeconomy.com.au/blog/household-debt/

What could possibly go wrong? :) I am of course being facetious, but I'd be sorry to see you sell it after so little use. Summer is here and today is a lovely day in Sydney, take it for a drive!

Having read every word of your detailed and long build thread I'm really sad to see that you're considering selling the Hornet without having enjoyed the fruits of your labour. Having said that, this is not the first time I've seen exceptionally built cars being offered for sale so soon after they were completed. Some people extract more satisfaction from the build process although it's still disappointing to see the car not being used and enjoyed by the original owner/builder.

I wish you luck with the sale Adam but more so I wish you change your mind and enjoy it for a while before you move it along.

Oh Adam....one of the greatest build threads....Im sure you have tossed this around for a long time...would prefer to see you hang on to this.

Ive sold stuff that Ive deeply regreted later on....but you do what you need to do at the time.

Noooooooooooooo. Seriously mate it's your car and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to think about selling it. After being on the resto ride following your fantastic build thread we all have some dirt if emotional connection to your car. Take heart in the fact that we have enjoyed not only your build of a car we all think is fantastic, it was also the way you told the story. Good luck Adam Long live The Brown Hornet

I've just spent the evening reading the 40 plus pages of the build thread, I can't believe you are selling it….  An amazing car, and an amazing effort…  I only wish I had the money to give you what its worth…. :'(

I would say "Good luck" with the sale but I suspect there will be a line up.….

Adam !

Sell it and I want all my bits back !

You cant be serious ?

me too I want my Mk63's back just stick  hulix calipers and I will habe my light covers back too.

Just remember you regretted selling your first 240z so you embarked on the brown hornet project don't do it. Just think of all the cars you have sold and think about how with a bit of funds management you could have kept them all (space is the issue for keeping them)

Hi Adam

It's a real shame you have got to this point, I'm sure you have thought it through. But, I think it wise you come for a cruise with some of us in October to give you some thinking time behind the wheel.

That's where all the best decisions are made.  ;)

Also give us an opportunity to ogle the Horny Hornet before another top notch Z leaves NSW.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14104.msg157556.html#msg157556

Cheers Mate

Mick

P.S. Does this song ring true, is it someone else wanting to move the Hornet on?

;)

• Administrators

Well if anyone wants a second opinion on the car I've seen it in the flesh. Albeit not quite done yet and before it was tuned.

Video here:

It really does look lovely, it's the kind of car you could jump in and enjoy right away. All the hard work has been done.

• 4 months later...

SOME folks are really starting to understand, and appreciate, the amount of time, effort and workmanship, that goes into building, restoring, enhancing and ensuring detail, on these cars.

Whereas others still think, adamantly, that anything ver $20k is a ridiculously high price.

Supply, demand, and, rareity.

Thanks Gents,

The car has been with James this week getting everything 100% sorted. He told me my rear outer uni was buggered, hence the rattly noises I've been hearing from day one. Electrical gremlins now sorted, tuned, and in perfect health.

FYI, on values, the Gent that has agreed to buy the car (subject to a yet to be completed mechanical inspection) is 70 years old. He has told me he is buying the car for his wife, having last sold their beloved 240 in 1971. He assures me the car will be little used and be babied.

Car is still in my possession, and fingers crossed will be leaving me in a week or so.

Thanks for your support and interest guys, i've loved it - even though i've not met nor spoken to 99% of you over the years.

The kids will get their pool now, and i'll be committing myself to countless hours and frustration looking for the next toy (Wife permitting, of course!).

Cheers

Adam

I don't know George, my Zed was used sparingly and babied, if you call revving it to only 6800rpm on every gear change on most race tracks up and down the east coast on weekends as being used sparingly and babied..... ;D

But good see a result for a very nice car.

CAR NOW UNDER-OFFER.

Well I guess congratulations is the right thing to say but, commiserations is the way I feel.

You have recreated a beautiful car Adam with no expense spared. I hope that all those hard to get go fast bits as well as all your blood, sweat and tears has been worth the enjoyment of the build.

Thanks for your exhaustive and detailed build thread, it has enlightened me and kept me entertained for hours.

I hope the new owners treat it with a heavy right foot.

We are gonna miss you and the Brown Hornet.

Good luck with the sale and your next toy.

Mick