ZCCQ 30TH Anniversary

be-zed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Brad, they have their "by special invitation only" elite group of 13 Z's and 2 Mazda's.

The rest of us plebs get to run in mxed groups.

They got told by QR management to "sell" X no f spots for the Jolly Laps, but as usual, for these, the majority will enter on the morning!

It's a huge financial risk, to outlay around a 600 and hope that at $35 a car, they tried to get the entries in advance, which doesnt occur.

Shame, as the Jolly Laps had been heavily pushed and quite a few other organisations were also promoting those laps.

The "special" cars will still be running, along with some 50 or so others in the Sprints Groups.

Should still be a good day, as plenty other Dato's will coming for a look-see as to how the Z club does things,,,,,,

The happy laps are part of the breakfast deal, for catering purposes QR need to have a minimum number booked in advance. It's too late to enter in the morning for pretty obvious reasons but why would anyone want to leave it to the last minute anyway.

Wot breakfast?

The scheduled Happy's were to be run from 11.30 pm to 12.30pm.

Then Open Sprints from 12.30pm

Their morning session is listed as Private Practice.

Ah well, someone promotes something, people turn up to do it, as what usually happens at each and every QR run Happy Laps on the Cruise type days,

and gets told,

"nup sorry, we aint doin wot we said we would"

Looks good, hey.

It's irrelevant who or what club is running an event, if they are going to lose money doing it then it's common sense not to proceed. With a club it would also be irresponsible when considering member's funds are involved. If you are so keen Jason then how about you run something irrespective of the monetary result, actually you could step up now and run a happy laps thing on the day  :)

Called Risk vs Reward.

Spend a bit of money, maybe not break even, but, the short and long term effects, if utilised correctly, can be very rewarding.

It's called "Marketing and Promotion"

I have nothing to market or promote. So bit stupid of you to suggest i get involved.....

ZCCQ does, at leadt we think it does, unless they are cancelling the DatNats, due to lack of interest.

ZCCQ advertised it was going to do something, the newbies who are still going to turn up on Sunday 23rd, to give it a go,and saw it on various media pages,  have very little concept on this pre entry regime, they just want to turn up, see whats doing, and go for cruise laps.

About 20. In Datsuns. That have also heard that a big event is being run by some people next Easter,  for lots of Datsuns.

QR runs these Cruise/Happy laps at many of their track days, and get heaps of cars on-track, the vast majority of which, would never contemplate entering a Sprint. Unless they got the encouragement to.

Then again, 260det, we never see you at Happy/Cruise laps days, so your knowledge on the large untapped resource of other Datsun vehicle users, is, somewhat lacking.

Pretty piss poor effort from a club that is running lead up events to a Nationals event in 2015.

Or do they just want Z cars only,,,,, ( and tolerate the lesser Datsuns)

Jason, your constant knocking of the Z Car Club and by inference it's members is tiresome and counter productive. It has been posted here several times that NDN15 over Easter at Warwick is proceeding, in addition to that you personally are aware of a lot of the relevant detail. There can be only one reason why you infer here that there is doubt and it's not a very nice one. All this negative rubbish is no good for you personally either, a 'I'm going to make the best of things' attitude would help you a lot. Cheers :)

Richo, the 30th Weekend, next Saturday and Sunday, is shaping up to be a pretty good fore-runner, or tease, and to utilise the ability to promote to, and garner interest from, a large group of "newbies" has to be seen as fairly important.

To then cancel a segment, that was aimed fair square at potential entrants, ( not us tried and tested old regular hacks), is not great " business" practice.

All because of low numbers of pre event interest.

You dont get it. These guys literally turn up, throw their $35 down, on the morning of the day.

Will it be prifitable, who gives a razoo, the "profit" comes from how you manage and collect the information, of these guys. Dont do that, you've kissed the opportunity goodbye.

You are supporting the club?, by running your Nissan SUV?

There'll be one group of 13 Z's, four other groups of all mixed manner of various old and new, some Z's and other Datsuns, running, in the arvo. Should be the usual fun.

As far as relevant info, being a CAMS Admin/official/elegibilty etc involvement, it's a pretty small circle of officials in Qld, that get to know what's going on, turned out an amount of suggestion/advice was offered, and then ignored, there are a few that are kind of like, " mmmm okay,, we'll do it that way, if that's what they want"

You were not there in '09' some of these guys were on the periphery, why re-invent a wheel?

ZCCQ could do to be a bit more progressive with their marketing however I am not privy to their risk posture with regard to member funds and making a loss.

By the same token, forum users and ZCCQ members all have one thing in common - we all like old dattos! And in light of that everyone would be a little better off if we could dispense with the trolling and politics and work together to cross-promote without publicly bagging each other.

I don't know about the history of this back and forward bickering but I know all involved would prefer the day was successful than not.

NOW BEHAVE  ;)

I do not get involved in this petty points scoring that goes on in forums. As far as events organised by the Z Car Club of Q, there is a very small group of people, I will repeat that "a very small group of people" who give up their time (and at times this can be extensive) to put in the huge amount of effort required to "try" and organise social and motor sport events that will be attractive to the club's membership. But at times the interest isn't there, despite the best intentions of those trying to put together such events that will be attended by club members.

Therefore if you really want to know the truth about what the Z Car Club is doing with regards to events please give me a call (mobile 0435871060) and I will tell you the truth.

Also the AGM is scheduled for the end of this month so come along, join the club and nominate for one of the Committee Positions, I for one would be more then happy to have someone else take on the role of Vice President.

Regards

Peter Hetherington

Vice President

Z Car Club of Q

Brave statement Peter and a phone number as well . You may be getting a number of calls next month and for a few more to come in the following months.

But on a personal note this will be my last outing with the ZCCQ for a least a number of years . So after 30 years and being a founder of the club it will be hard to walk away .You tend to look at the Club as personal property. Don't like people messing with it.

But the truth is I just cannot afford it any more.

So here's hoping for a fine day and taking the car home the same way I drove it out .

I will ask QR if we can do a few laps at lunch with out the food portion of the program. But I would not hold you're breath waiting for a yes from them. 

ZCCQ could do to be a bit more progressive with their marketing however I am not privy to their risk posture with regard to member funds and making a loss.

By the same token, forum users and ZCCQ members all have one thing in common - we all like old dattos! And in light of that everyone would be a little better off if we could dispense with the trolling and politics and work together to cross-promote without publicly bagging each other.

I don't know about the history of this back and forward bickering but I know all involved would prefer the day was successful than not.

NOW BEHAVE  ;)

Well agree!

Maybe I should'nt have bothered to spread the word about the Happy Laps component, and the pister, for this day, to the many other Datsun related forums/social media outlets.

The Happy Laps component was recoeved quite favourably.

That's the crux of the day, as far as these guys were concerned.

They do not want to do Sprints, and that is understandable, when you know who and what you are helping promote to.

Ultimately, it would be very beneficial to those guys, first and foremost, and then secondly, to ZCCQ, for them to experience a big Nationals, next Easter.

The great majority are simply not Car Club Membership card waving types, and this is something that the clubbie types dont "get".

They dont want to join up, they want the "looseness" that the whole social media scene seems to be.

Its the new way. The numbers out there are from 300 to 800 Dato ( various) loving enthusiasts.

Would you rather encourage to participate, even in something minor, or alienate them.

I see too many blinkered straight down the line club card waving types, that are blind to this.

It's wrong to think there is a points scoring competition going on, different people have different ways of expressing themselves and particularly on forums, where the only communication is written, such expression can be very easily misunderstood or taken the wrong way. This is a two way street, it can be the reader who gets it all wrong not the poster.

Aubrey has presidential experience as have I and we have all experienced the problems mentioned above but as always it comes down to who is available to do what. It's not like running a business where employees can be directed to do something and in a particular way, it's voluntary which means you basically try to influence outcomes but in effect the volunteer has the final say. And volunteers naturally want to be involved in things that they are interested in. And why not, without them nothing would get done.

So that is one reason why certain activities and interests receive more attention than others, it should be obvious that it is not a lack of awareness or desire by the president or anyone else, it's just the way it is with volunteers vis a vis paid employees.

Well I tried . But QR would not allow track time without food as part of the program. So we are all forced to eat from the kiosk. Could be time to order pizza.

So the day run on Saturday and if you want in on that the contact details are earlier in this thread.

The display is Sunday morning from 9.00am at Lakeside Park on the infield. No cost to be part of this and I have no idea  who may show up.

The sprints have a past TARGA TAS winner, straight 6 ford powered Z ,RB26 powered Z ,a hand full running triples or all types ,370's and some Mazda RX7's that want to show up the early Z's. Makings of a good day . If you want first hand info on the NDN15. People will be on hand to talk about it 

So,

Between 11.30 and 12.30, for the people turning up, that have seen this day's activities, mentioned on the social media pages, do they get to do Cruise Laps around the track, under Pace Car?

ZCCQ offered this. Most cbf'd about a snag wrapped in bread with marty sauce.

Some of the "display" along with general public in attendance, may like to participate.

Be worth a call to Neil Lewis, to ask, the carrot to dangle is one of $$$ income to QRO, for their very little effort,

( muster cars on dummy grid, send 'em out behind the Medic/official car)

It's a bit sucky they ,ake the zccq do the "upsell" for 2/5ths of sfa reward to club,,,,

Tell 'em that, others have, you wont be the last.

That's what I asked for Jason and spoke to Neil about it . But the answer was No. There is nothing the club can do about it. If more people had let ZCCQ know they wished to do happylaps then it would have been a viable event.

ZCCQ are watching their pennies as the NDN has a lot of up front expenses and cash flow is a problem. It's a big ask when no other club wishes to offer help in any form to organise that event. So they can't risk pennies on this event and it has to pay for itself.

With any luck Richard they will have some cans left over from their breakfast the previous day or I will just have to make sure they do and bring them to Lakeside. We will need water as you take your life into your own hands drinking what comes out of the tap at lakeside .

Have now heard there are about 30 turning up on Sunday,  along with a half dozen down from Central Coast,

for the Cruise Laps, i've told them to just go straight to the Control Tower office, and wave their money and demand to go out on track for a Cruise session.

Some are turning up in their daily drivers,,,, who needs a "track" car,,,,

Hope the ZCCQ is ready to market themselves, and promote NDN15, and be able to explain why they are so reluctant to spend a few bucks to put on a pre-event function.

know all about the cashflows from last NDN, some pretty big scary numbers, but at end of it, it came out neutral.

The new Individual Entry to Events format, proposed for 2015, will certainly test cashflows in lead up.

Me, I can't see it working, as do a few others, but this is the new way,,,

What a great day at Lakeside Raceway for the Z Car Club's 30th Anniversary Super Sprint event. Whilst my times are nothing to write home to Mum about, I had buckets of fun, and got more relaxed and gained confidence in my beautiful series 5 RX7's power and handling. Never driven a Turbo powered car before and certainly never on a race track so it took quite some getting used to. The rear end drift through the "Karrussell" and major tyre squeal at the top of the "Eastern Loop" sure got the heart rate up. Will have to look at replacing the old and hard street tyres currently fitted. Off to do a track driver training day up at Morgan Park Raceway Warwick on Saturday the 6th December, which is organised by CAMS.

To the Z Car Club of Q.

Thanks for a Great Day

Cheers

Peter