Opinions on changing trim colour.

zzzzed

My 260z 2 seater has the white trim colour. It is neat but will neat a retrim to bring it up to scratch.

I was wondering on what people's opinions are on changing the color of trim.

I was thinking of going black because I have a spare set of very good black seats from my 240z.

Would this devalue the car or would it not matter? 

My 2+2 interior was originally white and was changed to black which I think looks really good and will wear better. I do not think a 2+2 would devalue on something like that  but a 2 Seater may if you were trying to keep it original.

If black was an option with your external colour it should still be considered a original configuration and therefore OK

Stick to white..you dont see many 2seater 260s with white.

+1. To me it seems to be an Ivory colored interior, it's much nicer than those horrid stark whites you see in modern show cars. It compliments the exterior color really well too  8)

Stick with the white/beige I get so many positive comments on the white as most cars are black interiors including modern day vehicles your biggest dilemma will be your door trims that are usually ultraviolet ray damaged faded or cracked and peeling but you could vinyl paint match your black trims to the matching white/beige the colour is so retro 70's, gotta love it! Lynton 8)

My car has a white interior in good condition:

YAovH.jpg

It's pretty difficult to keep clean. Marks are constantly showing up on it and are quite difficult to get off. I am very pleased with the look of it though and wouldn't think of changing it.

Whites not that bad to keep clean.

Mates boat has white interior, against all advise from boat builder. Gets used all summer on the Murray River.

He just scrubs it with nail brush and soapy water. Still looks brand new after 10 years of extreme abuse.