Lake Mountain Day Cruise - Saturday 15th December 2007

Toecutter

Hi Guys,

Our last overnight cruise meeting in Lilydale through the Black Spurr to Mount Bulla was a great success. The roads were brilliant to drive and the weather of 27 deg C on both days was perfect cruise tempurature for the old Z cars. The icing on the cake was the lush scenary through the rolling hills and winding mountain roads. Dale is preparing an artical with photo's and I will also have a video to be ready with the artical. This region of Victoria offers the best driving about this time of year before it gets hot and the brown grass takes over so we have decided to hit the area of Lake mountain and the Black Spurr once again for a day trip. 

The planned date is Saturday 15th December 2007. At this point we can make it a 9:30 meeting time leaving at 9:45am sharp. We can once again use Lilydale as a meeting point, across the road from Nissan. Details such as the route to be taken is still to be finalised and I will talk to Craig about this as he is quite familiar with the roads in that area. The end of the run will be for lunch at a loction also to be disclosed at a later time. We can stop for coffee at a midway point, perhaps in Marysville.

Some Lake Mountain pics here...

http://www.mtbullersprint.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2184

EDIT: Just a note on the advantadge of having a UHF cb radio, we used them on the Bulla cruise and found them invaluable keeping everyone on track. It was my first time for me to use one on a cruise and I think it made the whole experience that much better as there was on going dialogue between the cars. I bought a 5 Watt hand heldunit that worked fine, (initially was'nt chrged fully but the next day proved better). So buy, borrow or steal one as they really help.

Sulio

Hey guys...Just worth a mention that Saturday's date in December would be the 15th not 16th, I only know this because I have a HUGE carols service to plan for the night of the 16th and I sure want to be a part of what's happening on the 15th.....!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there and this time make sure I have some nice new spark plugs in. First time all plugs had all fueled up and the car wouldn't start for the last run. Damn! Anyway the car is all raring to go. See you on the 15th. Marysville has a nice big Hot Bread place for a snack and plenty of parking out the back. I will suss out a BBQ venue for lunch. Sulio I am guessing you might get a bit video crazy on these roads as well. Ha

Hi Guys,

Yer all systems go! I'm not sure if I'll be doing any video work as I'm looking forward to focusing on driving this time but I'll bring my camera, tripod and sticky mount along and there's a spare seat in my car. Evan was pretty good with the camera on last video so if he wants to come along and take that post again that works for me!? I'd be glad to edit the footage wants we get back.

Let's iron out the finer details this thursday night at the BBQ.

Sulio

Any chance of people confirming they are going on here before Friday so we know who to look out for or wait for.

At the moment I think we have:-

Craig 260Z

Sulio 260Z

Lurch 240Z (Might have to work)

Ash in WRX

Evan - Passenger

Gordon - Maybe meeting us halfway along 240Z

Dave - 350Z (Can't make it now)

John - GTIR Turbo

Bruce 240Z

Kyle 240Z

Possibly another Bruce 240Z coming in from overseas late Friday. Will be late call.