Fujitsubo Legalis R

andyk_79

One of the items I need for rego is a new exhaust.  I've read a few threads with people on here opting for the Fujitsubo rear muffler with the twin pipes etc.  I'm considering going the whole hog and ordering the entire system rather than getting a custom exhaust bent up (figure the price will not be all that different).  Thinking I'll order from Nengun or go through Jesse Streeter to order direct from Fujitsubo.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujitsubo.co.jp%2Fprods%2Fdetail%2F000000000000000979%2F00000000000000002324%2F00000546&edit-text=

Anyone had any experience with these ?  I note their page states that it only fits up with their headers which makes sense given the twin pipes (presuming I would need to get a flange made up if I wanted to fit to my existing headers so it might make sense to just replace the headers as well).

Engine is stock L24 at the moment but my method is that anything I need to replace I am replacing with what I would ultimately like to put in the car.

• Administrators

I don't have any experience with these is that your main concern? But I believe they are a quality item and I like the dual exhaust look (that the 432's and I believe 240zg's also had).

If you're looking for a performance set up though you may want to consider Peter Mac or Les Collins. I know that when Peter Mac saw my dual exhaust set up (custom) on my 72 240z he mentioned I'm probably loosing power and the dual exhaust is an 'old school' approach. I'm not sure what performance gains (if any) the Fujitsubo offers?

Roberto had a custom system built by Peter Mac and Les Collins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj4eWW4j3DY

Sounds awesome! Of course Roberto's had a bit more work done to his motor and that cam lope is just awesome sauce ;)

Thanks as always !!  Yep I didn't even think of speaking to one of the engine builders about my long term plans but that makes sense as being the best course of action!!

Engine I was thinking James Flett/MIA or making the trip to VIC for Peter Mac or Les Collins so I'll give one of them a bell and have a chat.

I'm not sure what performance gains (if any) the Fujitsubo offers?

If you believe their ads it gives massive gains right across the rev band - ha ha ha  :D

• Moderators

When I had my Evo 8 I bought a Fujitsubo cat back system and with regards to fitment, it was perfect! Everything matched the factory hangers and went in without any issues.

• Administrators

I have seen these exhausts floating around Yahoo! Auctions.

http://www.buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b160019822

If you wanted to find 1 cheaper, but sometimes it's nice to get something shiny and new.. There's a song about that...

I have seen these exhausts floating around Yahoo! Auctions.

http://www.buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b16001982

Do you use Import Monster if you're buying on Yahoo? I will admit I found a few on there before but the shiny and new factor was a part of my thought process! ! :-[

Yeah I'd read Rudolph's post and noted he only got the rear section.  If I go ahead I'm thinking I'll just get the whole thing.  I like the 432 exhaust look so maybe appearance will win out over performance (hey it's not going to be a track car - just a mildly fun streeter hopefully)!  Still considering it.

I bought the same system as Dallas' that Gareth linked above. I don't think it's a fujitsubo item though because it splits around the diff unlike the fujitsubo items where the pipes stay together.

I mated my system with a 'Trust' manifold which holds the exhaust a little close to the transmission tunnel which will need 'massaging'.. Other than that, the system sounds awesome and is tucked very high up.

I've seen a few of  whatever that one is on yahoo.  Only thing given I'm needing blue slip was that one translation said it is too loud for streetlegal use......  definitely looks a nice bit of kit though!

Shiny won out - New complete exhaust system plus the twin pipe headers ordered from Fujitsubo (via Jesse Streeter).

Been looking at 432 photos and made the call that these fit the bill for the old school build up plan.

Just stuff some steel wool in there - she'll be right!

That's one I haven't heard of! Love it

awesome just noticed your in west sydney too, ill have to come hear it cause yours will be running much much sooner than mine,  especially considering mine is a shell right now haha!

Rudolf.

• 1 year later...

resurrecting this topic.

every car I've owned has had a shop made exhaust and always without fail I end up with a droney unbearable system and spend time and money changing muffflers adding/changing resonators etc etc. You got to an exhaust shop and they're all experts but really they know crap especially if you have something different.

On my Renault Clio Sport I have an English aftermarket sport system with 2.5" pipes. It drones, but not too bad. I wanted to eliminate it totally so I contacted Di Filipo exhaust in Melbourne after seeing a new type of resonator they had. They replied with "Your system is too big" and didn't try to sell me something that probably wouldn't work.

So getting to the point. Big single systems will drone. A 2.5" system on a Z will drone. You can play with mufflers and resonators to reduce it, but it will always drone and without fail at 100-120km/h on the freeway.

Twin systems such as the Fujitsubo Legalis R is the way to go. Looks good is  well made and won't drone.

post-104002-0-49942200-1447505818_thumb.jpgpost-104002-0-28759700-1447505883_thumb.jpg

Exhaust Drone

"when an engine gets to a certain revs, the exhaust resonates (vibrates in a frequency) and gives off a hum/noise that sounds like a large subwoofer with voltage coming through it !.... a dull constant noise... hard to describe lol... pain in the ass if its at the speed limit !"

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vz-holden-commodore-2004-2006/146627-what-does-m-ean-drone.html