World Time Attack in Sydney this year?

gav240z

• Administrators

Does anyone know if it's possible to keep an eye on your car whilst it's parked at the event? My g/f is using the daily driver and my only option is to bring the RX-7 and I don't feel comfortable leaving it out of sight.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Gav, pop the bonnet and removek rotor button from dizzy.

Series 6 FD doesn't have a distributor :) But I could do other things that would be equivalent I guess.

Series 6 FD doesn't have a distributor :) But I could do other things that would be equivalent I guess.

What's that take a coil pack out? I think there will be plenty of other cars there too Gav, she should be ok.

• Administrators

What's that take a coil pack out? I think there will be plenty of other cars there too Gav, she should be ok.

fuel pump fuse would also do the trick :)

Great Day, it was good to meet you Paul, and put another face to a name,  i see you were there Gav, i didn't think i had your number, but now i'm looking at my phone i do have it from the last datsun day!

No big problem, i will be able to catch up with everyone else next weekend.

Spotted Yo-Yo's car, asked some of your club members if the owner of the zed was around but no help, your car looks great in the flesh, im very impressed!

spotted_zpsdf756c30.jpg

Didn't take many photo's but i did snap this abomination:

abhomination_zps3cfb3c60.jpg

and i did get to meet Smokey Nagata!!!!! it was funny, everyone was crowded around the Garage trying to see Tarzan Yamada, No one even blinked at Smokey!! And i had to quickly Google some Japanese to try and ask for a photo, when he came near i screamed Nagata san! Shashin?

He turned around and gave me an impressed look and had a photo with me....

and i looked like a f**king retard!!! guess that happens when you meet your idol/hero's!!!

meandsmokey_zps99bb8101.jpg

Awesome awesome day!!!! I'm so glad i only live 10 minutes away from the race track, i saw cars and people travel all from interstate for this!

Rudolf.

• Administrators

I didn't see Smokey, but I did see Isami Amemiya that's what photo #3 and #4 were about. I wasn't sure if I could enter the pits at that stage so I didn't ask for a photo or try to blabber out Jinglish to him.

I did see quite a few familiar faces like Andrew Hawkins from MotiveDVD, I didn't get to see Mad Mike anywhere near the Red Bull RX-7 unfortunately, but will definitely go next time and try and make a weekend of it.

Spotted Yo-Yo's car, asked some of your club members if the owner of the zed was around but no help, your car looks great in the flesh, im very impressed!

and i did get to meet Smokey Nagata!!!!! it was funny, everyone was crowded around the Garage trying to see Tarzan Yamada, No one even blinked at Smokey!! And i had to quickly Google some Japanese to try and ask for a photo, when he came near i screamed Nagata san! Shashin?

He turned around and gave me an impressed look and had a photo with me....

and i looked like a f**king retard!!! guess that happens when you meet your idol/hero's!!!

meandsmokey_zps99bb8101.jpg

Hey mate, thanks! One of my club members told me about a guy asking where the owner of the zed was :)

Believe it or not my zed won "Best JDM" car of the day. Must be çause it's basically OEM hahah

Was a fun day, some of the boys & I had literally front row seats for the miss time attack judging comp as well, My friend was taking a lot of pics so I'll post some up when they start uploading it all

Man Smokey hasn't aged a day... I've still got some option/best motoring DVD's laying around that are 7+ years old & I bet he looks exactly the same as your photo :)

• Administrators

Hey mate, thanks! One of my club members told me about a guy asking where the owner of the zed was :)

I asked the female owner of the DR30 skyline next to you if you were about, she said you had gone off and I waited a little but was probably getting sun burnt so didn't want to hang around in the sun too long.

HI Chaps

Well as some of you may have heard I did have a major engine issue at WTAC.

I did get in about 10 hot laps on the Tursday practice. Learning such an awesome track

is a challenge in itself. as well as the traffic. This was not a timed day. although my crew were

timing the old fashioned way.

Friday I put the control tyre on as required, went out to get a feel. Nice tyre btw. Started pushing

more and more but still trying to get a handle on brake points and race line.

Bellow is my best "timed" lap. a 1.44.06. I did go a couple quicker on Thursday arvo.

Jeff is a great guy and we had a great laugh over the weekend. He wasn't laughing about how

easily I bailed him up in this vid tho. LOL.

Enjoy, and forgive my mistakes as I was quiet overwhelmed with the track. was confident I would

have been in the low to mid 30,s

Regards

Paul

My appoligize to any of you guys I didn't catch up with. I had spent a lot of time and coin getting the car

sorted for this and to be honest it has saddened me to not finish the entire event.

Was great to chat to the guys I did see..

I was out there on Sat. Tried to find Paul and others at lunch but must have missed you, the zed looks immaculate, shame I didn't get to see it run. There was a high attrition rate, to be expected when you are chasing that much power from production-based engines. No worries Paul, just come back faster next year. EC does have a few tricky corners on it. Did manage to catch up with the guys in the white zed you passed, they were having probs too and cracked the exhaust manifold, it wasn't sounding too good when it went past. A good day though, the last session on Sat was run after the sun went down and some of the pro guys had their headlights on, looked spectacular.

I asked the female owner of the DR30 skyline next to you if you were about, she said you had gone off and I waited a little but was probably getting sun burnt so didn't want to hang around in the sun too long.

Ahh so that was you then :)

Shame we didn't catch up in person, next time at another event I hope

Was a bit of a hectic day for me, got to the gate right on opening so we could set up our cars, then had to run to the airport to see my dad off flying back home overseas. Didn't get back until around 1pm.

We had a few of our club members also competing at the event so I was running around catching up with them + watching some of the pro class runs.

Very sorry to hear about the two zeds also, I saw Paul's orange zed getting towed away :(