#1 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:17 PM

hey guys

Im up to fixing my roof, now i have some small dents, mostly indents from either someone putting stuff on the roof, or someone sitting on the roof etc etc...

You cant see them, but i can feel them,

The rest of the body is easy to fix, as i can smooth it out etc etc, but the roof is a really large area, and am finding it really difficult to smooth out these bumps... i havn't used any filler yet, as im trying to use as little as possible on the car

has anyone got any techniques on curving the roof dents out, as i want the roof to be perfect as you will easily see the slightest dent in the roof on a sunny day

Also posting this on other Z forums, to see what i can find

#2 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

well, i used a sack of sand on the top, and a rubber mallet underneath on one of mine, but the problem is, because its such a large area, the metal is stretched, and it has plenty of panel to flex and just pops back a bit....

its going to be pretty difficult to get them out, mine has 3 fairly shallow ones (1 is very shallow, since i improved it) and two of them are right up the front, where there is a reinforced crosspiece in the roof, so i can't really panelbeat them. I'm about resigned to sticking filler back into them..... The one i got to is now pretty good, but still needs a skim of filler.

#3 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:31 AM

after spending 4hrs on one dent in the roof tonight, im quite sure im still going to have to need filler only tiny amount,

But im going to buy more body work tools tommorrow,

Ive decided that working on the body of the car is an extremly rewarding job, espicially when i work on 1 panel and finish it and realise that i did a half decent job... but hoping it won't look shit in the morning... haha

#4 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:35 PM

Lol - yeah, i had the same realisation on the weekend when i made a new dogleg for mine...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users