Photo

Going to Lakeside tomorrow - hard or soft suspension setting?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 lampy

lampy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Good Pads that fit the Hilux/landcruiser calipers are from a non brembo, subaru wrx

#62 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

I use these pads Lee . You can get them from Brakes Plus and the closest one to me is on Kingston rd Underwood. They are made in QLD on the Gold Coast and so so a local product. But they will do any compond you like . But the 288 compound has done me well round Lakeside and is a compromise for the road. But they do wear under heavy use and will blacken your wheels on a sprint meeting 

Attached Thumbnails

• 42215_f619460a02fa01c9aa3338e30646852eab9773c6.jpg

#63 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

As far as your times go . I have only seen 2  Z32 four seaters (twin turbo at that ) do better than 65.00 at lakeside.Hawling a bus round there in 65 takes talent. There will be no quarter given to you in November.

#64 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Good times boys, to be honest I would not be keen on doing any wet laps at Lakeside on semi slicks.

As for pads for the Toyota calipers, they are common with a number of cars so there will be a reasonable choice. At this stage any decent high performance pad should do you, racing pads only if racing is about all you do.

After I took a ton of air out of the semis they gripped up amazingly well in the wet. I was running around 26/27psi hot and that seemed to be the sweet spot.

#65 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Fit the Lucas TRW pads appropriate for those calipers.
Some of the qfm's have been known to crumble, f you get your compound selection wrong.
And, get the discs skimmed, when fitting new pads, as cross contamination will occur due to differeing pad materials imbedded into disc rotor.
Good times, how has the lowering of your pressures worked hey?

#66 44014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Tagline:Garage San Maru

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I managed a 1:07 flat on street (federal 595 super steel's) tyres and running 6psi boost ( dropped from 14 after the skyline just kept trying to kill me ) in my auto r34 skyline.
Id received a warning for " excess drifting " and had just about every person at the track come over to say they were in awe that i managed to get the car back a multitude of times.
From this experiance i take away dont use street tyres in the wet at lakeside... You will die.
Was good to meet you Lee! And yes as Jake said GET A TACHO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users