Richard's 620ZX Coupe

260DET

Secret Squirrel stuff: yes that would be it.

Personally I am more of a Thunderbirds bloke. No pictures

Richard you need to go to a few more meetings . Jason you need to come back. Yeah there is going to be some tention . But show me a club any club which doesn't have some level of tention with some of its members.

I haven't finished all the paperwork (BS) at present but it will be a club anniversary event . Much like the one five years ago and yes being a ZCCQ member may have its benefits .But it should not be closed to ZCCQ members only.

So Richard, can we look forward to seeing the V8 in action ? 

Hmmm I would like to see the clearance from the ground with this headers.

I couldn't get 4 into one on my Zed unless I did some serious panel work. Mind you my Zed is reasonably low.

Looks great though.  :D

Will do underneath pics on a hoist when the Z is picked up, the exhaust is the one big expensive issue with fitting a V8 if it's a performance design.

I'm running 26" dia front tyres and I have a ground clearance of 110mm to the exhaust.

That's pretty good Peter, I forget, is the starter around there somewhere? Starter and steering shaft were the problems with mine.

I'm running 26" dia front tyres and I have a ground clearance of 110mm to the exhaust.

That's a bloody big tyre......

I thought he 240/640/18 slicks I ran on my 240 were big, they were about 20mm taller than the 15"s used for wets and hill climbs.

I'm looking at running the same size tyre on the S14 as slicks are realtively easy to get in that size as a lot of the GT4 and some GT3 cars use this for fronts and Porsche cup use that size for fronts.

a 240/640/18 is about the same as a 240/30/18 or 240/35/18. Most radial slicks are sized by width/diameter/size, though Yokohama were a mix of both sizings when I was using Super Tourer tyres off the factory BMW's

For the torque of the 8 tyre diameters wouldn't really be an issue, but there is a real danger in going to too big a tyre with a more standard car.

In the case of mine, going from the 15" tyres to the 18" tyres was like going from from a 4.1 diff to a 3.9 diff. This can make set up interesting with regards to gearing.

In the wet I would use a higher gear than I would in the dry to make it easier to drive with the torque of the motor. It helped that I did have a big lazy truck motor with a flat torque curve from about 3500rpm.

Pick it up from the pro next week, problem with the brand new alternator which is draining the battery but time is running as it and the trailer have to go into storage for a while. Anyone around 4054, I'm offering $275 per month for lock up storage. A few more things to be done but all the time/$ consuming things like getting the tach and speedo to work with a Tremec/8 instead of a 6 have been taken care of.

If the alternator is sucking all the smoke out of the battery then just put the wires on backwards to push it back in......

Bugger the alternator is playing up and hopefully a relatively easy fix.

Will be interesting to see how it goes first time out and how different the handling will be due to the new motor and the way the power is delivered from 6l v's 3l with a snail.

It looks like the LS3 is a bit lighter than the VG30DET, have to get it weighted again but expecting something like 1150kg total. Probably won't be track ready until early 2015 due to something else that has to be sorted first but after that it all should be good.