Next get together? lock in 6/6?

Mr260z

Vic meeting preferred dates or 5/6 of June?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Vic meeting preferred dates or 5/6 of June?

• 29/5
    • 30/5
    • 5/6
    • 6/6
    • OK with majority of votes for either of above..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointed after driving there for an hour only one other person rocked up...

Agreed, it just shows lack of integrity.

Lurch, it was organised as you can see...it relies on others to make good on their word.

Lurch, it was organised as you can see...it relies on others to make good on their word.

That was NOT an organized meet.

No clear details on what was happening & where - only until the last minute, which didn't allow people enough time to plan ahead.

That was NOT an organized meet.

No clear details on what was happening & where - only until the last minute, which didn't allow people enough time to plan ahead.

I can see what your saying locky..

No disrespect but can you suggest a format that is flexible enough to work?

I mean Dimitri put up a poll, of which only several people made a choice of dates, and others were happy whatever the outcome, then there was a location and time put out there, with no other suggestions from others.

Maybe a fixed location and time from the start would have been better, that way people can be prepared hail rain or shine?

Also someone said earlier about putting up meet up threads in a more "visible" location. That would most definitely help.

My .02 cents

Have a look back through previous event postings - you'll see what I mean.

I can see what your saying locky..

No disrespect but can you suggest a format that is flexible enough to work?

I mean Dimitri put up a poll, of which only several people made a choice of dates, and others were happy whatever the outcome, then there was a location and time put out there, with no other suggestions from others.

Maybe a fixed location and time from the start would have been better, that way people can be prepared hail rain or shine?

Also someone said earlier about putting up meet up threads in a more "visible" location. That would most definitely help.

My .02 cents

• Moderators

What was needed was more time for people to get organised and members to confirm that they can turn up.  We need to settle on a place at the start rather than at the end near the actual date. Seemed to me nobody was interested..at this time.

Thanks Dimitri for taking charge,

It's a shame this turned out such a flop. I would have thought 6 weeks from the original post would have been enough time to organise something with a fair idea of some numbers.

I guess as the I was the original poster of this thread I should take the blame for such a failed event, definately not Dimitri who stepped when no one else would.

The next time I suggest a meet up I'll be sure to organise it from start to finish.

Will be good to catch up soon.