3 replies to this topic

#1 DreamZproject

DreamZproject

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Hey guys, ujst dicovered the most RAD mod out there! It not only gives you better handling, but a better ride, lighter steering, better braking, faster acceleration, better fuel economy and much much more!

I am of course talking about your tire pressure, perhaps it's common knowledge for some of the older guys, but only recently have i found out how amazing having enough tire pressure
really is! on my MR2 one of my tires was down to 12psi, no idea how that happened, but now i think about it, it was over 6 months ago i filled them up! Whacked the fronts up to 40psi,
and the rear to 36 (it can be a little harsh with too much as all the weight is there). It completely feels like a brand new car. People seriously pay $1000's of bucks to get this sort of
improvement all around, and this is FREE!!!

Seriously guys, check your tire pressure is nice and high, it's truly amazing what a difference it makes!

#2 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Whack on a set of proper semi slicks, no not the ones 99% of tyre shops tell you they are "semis"
Run those at pressures that allow the sidewall to flex, keeping tread fully on road surface.
See what its like then!

#3 DreamZproject

DreamZproject

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I can only imagine what that would be like! I'm currently running the $99.95 special tires on my car because that's all i could afford at the time...
Even on those crappy the amount of lateral G's i was pulling around sandown today was amazing (ah that's another post :D), semi's would be
nuts!!!

#4 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Taking of tyres and pressures you guys in oz that run in category/groups SC what size tyres are you permitted to run?

What pressures those running Toyo R888 are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users