71 replies to this topic

#21 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

if the price is right i think i'll get them, i've also been thinking about the s15 gt spoiler as you can see, i think i'll try to find one for sale to see how it fits width wise...what do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

• 256_.jpg

#22 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

How much do they want for the Wats on the Japanese auction you have listed there Evan?
Nice photoshopping Evan, I really like the dark green on a Zed.

#23 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

Nice photoshop work there....those rims on yahoo.co.jp will be too wide for stock fenders/guards you will need to flare or put on ZG overfender. The guys in Japan some don't cut the originals fenders/guards they juse firm up the suspension so there is no chance of rubbing. Also a 225/50/15 on a 15x10 (RS Watanabe the recommend offset will be -25 = stick out a long way) is a big strech. A 15x8 with 0 offset would be ideal for a Zed with stock fenders/guards. They are also a good fit for the 225/50/15. You might need to roll the guards a little depends on your cars suspension. If you run - camber on the fronts should be good and if you lower the zed the rear get a little - camber anyway. I do have some photos of 15x8 -12 offset with 225/50/15 installed on a 240z with stock suspension and fender/guards.

If the RS Watanabes are out of your $$ range you could look at the rewinds that you can get from the US. I purchase some for Dad 15x7 0 offset again perfect for a stock zed no mods required. You can then go either 205/60/15 or 205/55/15 or 225/50/15 (most tyre manufactures recommend a 6-8" rim so 7" is the recommend for this size tyre)

Here is pic of the rewinds look like (not the ones I got I have lost the pics I have on my PC). Once Dad installs them on his zed (green also) I will take a pic and post here

Attached Thumbnails

• 258_.jpg

#24 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

Evan, did you notice on that auction it says seller will not ship internationally?

#25 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

thanks for that zeddophile, but yeah i did, does anyone on yahoo japan ever? but there are people who will do it for you :D

and thanks NZeder, i realise it will need flares, which is what i was aiming for i just didnt have a good pic of flares that would match up to the pic of my car! i could always get the same sorta watanabes off yahoo japan in a narrower style for a bit cheaper but it aint the same. how did you get yours? or are they brand new? also i saw you bought some fender mirrors off ebay, dam u! i'm looking at getting a set of them too but they sure arn't cheap...

i'm happy spending the extra money for something that i'd prefer, but just outta interest how much did the rewinds cost you? according to the local tyre shops the cheapest option for me from them is like $1570, and these should end up being under 2g...but then 3 peice is tempting also, or waiting out for a set in 16", but hey i could always sell these :s are tyre shops happy stretching tyres on?

its interesting to hear that they dont cut the guards, as i'm about to do my susspension also i guess that would be an option but i'd love to lower my car basically as much as possible while still being practicle...but then i scrape atm going into my gf's driveway which sucks, but i can always park around the corner :D

#26 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

yea I got my Wats new from Japan. I visited a local performance shop that I know is owned by a ex Nissan Japan employee (also Japanese). He imports parts and works on Nissan Skyline GT-R, Silvia's/200sx, 300zx but is also a 240z fan (he used to own one when living in Japan - he is now thinking of getting another one since I have been visiting him asking for all these parts from Japan :) ) any he has the contacts in Japan to help locate these items (as some will not sell to non Japanese, it does cost me a little more as he takes his commission and also his contact at the other end, but I do get the parts I am after) plus like to have seen I do pick up other bits for my project from ebay

Re the rewinds - I emailed Konig to find the local importer/distributor, I talked to them but they were not that interested in importing this type if wheel trying to sell me some bling FWD offset shit :evil: so I purchased from ebay from ggtyler (or you can visit his website and email him directly see http://www.technotoytuning.com/ ) I purchase some other suspension parts also for another car so I got them landed in NZ for under $1300 but this did include other bits so I would say under $1000 AUD depends on the shipping method

ggtyler has some rewinds list now also http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#27 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:59 AM

thanks, they are nice looking wheels, then there's those compomotive ml rims that come in 17Xsomething but i dont think they come in the correct offset...was it you who had a pair of them for a bit or someone else in NZ?

#28 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

thanks, they are nice looking wheels, then there's those compomotive ml rims that come in 17Xsomething but i dont think they come in the correct offset...was it you who had a pair of them for a bit or someone else in NZ?

I did have some 15" comp ML at one point but just no wide enough for my zed so I did a swap for a almost genunie G-Nose (the lower section was not real but the rest was, the lower was a replica made in steel, suits me as harder to break via a stone etc)

#29 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

it looks like the watanabes wont happen just yet :( they're now at 110,000yen from there 80,000yen starting price, and still a day to go...guess i was to hopeful...if only shipping didnt kill it so much, i'll talk to the people i was going to get to import them tomoz...

#30 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

FYI
Got a price for watanabes from an Australian distributor:
The price is $2110.00(R Type 16 x 9 -13 / 16 x 9.5 -19)
It includes shipment fee also.

#31 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Well there you go that sounds like a pretty good deal to me!!!

Wheres Gav!?

Attached Thumbnails

• 403_.jpg

#32 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

FYI
Got a price for watanabes from an Australian distributor:
The price is $2110.00(R Type 16 x 9 -13 / 16 x 9.5 -19)
It includes shipment fee also.

Is the new? Good price I would get a few sets at that (if the wife would let me, one set is enough for now)

#33 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Yeah. brand new.

#34 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

yeah that does sound like a good price, do they bring in the rs8 style also? i was thinking of getting a set of them in the same sizes sulio got his, but as finding a set second hand would be near impossible i was thinking of getting some 17X7 +38 and 17X8+38 ones and trying to get them widened (i think the offsets still a bit to +, i think it would go to about +2 if i got them both widened 1.5")

but so far places have just said if i can't get the halves for them there's nothing they can do...so do they just want to charge me to do up some bolts and undo them? of they've told me to bring them in which is hard to do since i dont have them...so was then thinking i could always sell them or buy some adaptors...

the other rims i'm trying to get are simmons alta ones but they no longer make them in 4 stud...so i'm trying to track down a zed a saw forsale with them awhile ago...anyone know where it is? and if they wanna sell the rims? hehe

do you have the number for the distributors so i could see if they can get the halves? but it might end up being the same price all up as new anyway...

#35 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:22 AM

Evan, sounds like you need alot of stars to line up for things to work out based what you've just stated. If you need to change offsets on 2nd hand 3 piece wheels the only way thats gonna be viable for you is if you score a free set of wheels with correct PCD, and chances are it would still cost $300 per rim to set up ie $150 per side rolled. I was thinking as you are but after searching high and low I realised that wheels in the dimensions we are talking about are far and few in between for sale used. Mr Camouflage has found a pretty good deal here but I would investigate how much tyres will set you back in 16's before making any solid commitments.
Evan a little birdy told me you bought some ZG flares!?

#36 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

what type of wantanabes.... and what is the number, address for the distributer, is there a shop...

#37 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:50 AM

I thought I would post of pic of my Wat so you guys can see what they would look like. Mine are 16x8.5 -6 and 16x9.5 -19

Cheers
Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 299_.jpg
  • 298_.jpg

#38 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:52 AM

is a little birdy the for sale thread? hehe did you use the beetle rubber stuff inbetween them and the body work? my other question is which way's the front! ohwell need rims first! but i am in need of some new rubber pretty soon!

what do you mean by alot of stars? i'd remembered you said you could get another outter lip for $150ish and was thinking/hoping if getting a custom one done is like $200-250 or less ofcourse, and i just get the outter section done and then use a spacer, as you prob can't really tell the difference between like 2" and 2.5" of lip, but yeah even getting rs8 watanabes here second hand is like 1g so it doesn't really work out to well huh...

i'm guessing since this is a price from the distributor its pretty much the same all the time and not some special we have to get in fast on anyway yeah?

i wouldn't mind these rims, but as i said they no longer make them in 4stud...and they are $600 a wheel :roll:

Attached Thumbnails

• 300_.jpg

#39 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:47 AM

if they are anything like what Nzeder has shown, but prefer gunmetal grey, id be putting in a order asap

#40 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:18 PM

everytime I look at this thread, I realise how good a deal i got with my rims, and thank god i don't still have to stress about what wheels i could get...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users