Bathurst Motor Festival 18-19-20 April 2014

peterrx5

There were only two Qld boys, David Healy and Brad Wimpenny.

Odds on David was the consisten one!

There were four QLD boys going over the mountain. As well as David and Brad there was Gary Neut and me. Whilst my times weren't anything to write home about I was ringing the poor old Mazda's neck and managed to lower my previous times on this track by around 20 seconds. Problem was I usually only got about 2 unmolested laps before being swamped by the faster cars and any thoughts of good laps times were gone. Because there were 55 cars and it was a rolling start, by the time I got to the start line the cars at the front would have been somewhere up on skyline.

But what a great weekend, met heaps of great people, my car ran faultlessly, suffered no damage. The gent in the gazebo next to me took out first place in our Group, he was driving a very modified WRX.

Now getting ready for the long trek home.

Cheers

Peter

Great weekend from a spectators point of view, apart from the HUGE gaps between events (perhaps to allow for safety car / running over time / etc and still finishing on time ???). Weather was perfect, the wife, daughter and I got up the top of the mountain early and snagged a great spot. Missed out on catching up with the Qld boys, closest I came was seeing Peter coming down to the dummy grid around 8-ish yesterday morning, and seeing the BMW ute parked up at Sulman Park for a while (nobody was in it though).

The safety car featured quite a bit over the weekend, pretty much ruined the 1hr prod sports yesterday arvo, came out with 20 mins to go, mess in the chase was cleaned up in 5 mins, and it took the next 14 mins to get the cars sorted out behind the safety car, leaving only one more lap to the end of the race.

F3 cars were amazing, both in sound and speed. Prod Sports were great to watch, Nc were going hard every event, and the regularity boys looked to be having a lot of fun (and some were going pretty hard as well).

Just got home, will sort out some pics soon.

Hi David,

Sorry we didn't catch-up, our Group was very lucky because we were first up each day and first after the lunch break, so our events started on time and usually ran for fully time except for a few Safety Car incidents.

Cheers

Peter

Coming down from the highest point into Sulman Park

IMG_1263-small_zpsf39ac739.jpg

IMG_1262-small_zps6b0ebd9f.jpg

IMG_1261-small_zpsd0cd74fe.jpg

Passing the "grate" at Sulman

IMG_1257-small_zpsb3577e9a.jpg

IMG_1256-small_zps4d02b8e6.jpg

IMG_1255-small_zpsb628a808.jpg

IMG_1210-small_zps9c199ebe.jpg

IMG_1198-small_zpsfb738a51.jpg

Further down the mountain

IMG_1172-small_zpsa30a90fc.jpg

1small_zpsc17c40ef.jpg

Anyone know what happened to Stewart Follows (Orange / white Datsun 1600 in Group Nc) ? Saw it on the trailer when I walked through the paddock Saturday morning, but it seemed to take no part in the rest of the weekend ?

Just watched this, no Zeds here but may get you g'd up for next year

Umm, there were Zeds in that race, i ( me !) was well up front, he had a rear of grid start, back in pos 50?

He was having dramas/dnf's that weekend.

There is amother vid where again, rear of grid start, but race was few laps longer, he got me down Conrod on last lap, to finish fourth.

Them big fellas sure do suck you over when they scoot past!

This is a video of my 3rd session around the mountain, also recorded my best time, not record breaking but a great improvement for me. The 4th session was red flagged after a few laps because of a crash up on the skyline.

Cheers

Peter

Good quality video Roger, what camera? And was that a lap timer I could see there, facing away from you of course.

Camera is a Radcam HD from race recall. The display on the left is our Monit rally computer that is a bit useless without a navigator. I run a vbox data logger for the data overlay but it's tucked under the seat, I went 8 seconds under my index so clearly wasn't cheating!

Roger

This is a video of my 3rd session around the mountain, also recorded my best time, not record breaking but a great improvement for me. The 4th session was red flagged after a few laps because of a crash up on the skyline.

Cheers

Peter

Nice one Peter, sorry I didn't get so say hi on the weekend, being double entered seemed to take up all our time.

Roger

Nice one Peter, sorry I didn't get so say hi on the weekend, being double entered seemed to take up all our time.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I was going to come over and say Hello but you looked very busy so I left you in peace. Well done to both you and your wife, amazed how she dealt with the fast traffic, I found that they always caught me at the worst possible spot on the circuit.

Cheers

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Here is the link to the You Tube video of the Bathurst Regularity. Members of the Z Car Club of QLD appear at 9:22 (#4) at 12:00 (#40) and me at 12:33 (#54)

Enjoy your viewing.

Regards

Peter