Sign in to follow this  
Zedman240®

Philip Island Historics this weekend March 8-9th

If anyone wants, I have a spare seat going to the histerics at the Island this weekend. Passengers get in for half price. If anyone is interested, please let me know...only room for one and will spend most of the day there. Must be at my place by 7:30 pref earlier!

O413 24376O

NDSOC has a club display

Tickets available for display cars (must be Nissan/Datsun) , meet at Bunnings Cranbourne Sat 7.15am

Al

NDSOC

oh crap... what event has taken its place?

As I understand it, they have more categories than they can cater for so each year one category doesn't get a run.

This year must be Sc's turn to miss out.

As I understand it, they have more categories than they can cater for so each year one category doesn't get a run.

This year must be Sc's turn to miss out.

No, not at all.

VHRR insist on "demonstration runs" and "parades" and "ceremonies to honour old people" all of which takes up time.

Time that we racers pay for in our entry fees, that now subsidises the extra crap that is put on to attract the paying public, which provides more income to VHRR.

It has only been last few years that a category gets deleted, by rotation.

Certain categories will never be dropped, ie Group C&A Touring cars, big bangers, crowd pullers.

Only lesser non important categories get the arse.

I don't understand why the cars on display at the Shannons area got paraded out on track... that really was a waste of time but I think it was good to have Sir Jack out there for a parade lap. Pretty much everyone in the immediate vicinity of me stopped and clapped when he came past so it was obviously appreciated.

One thing I didn't like was race radio. For the love of all that is holy stop talking about cars that aren't racing and commentate on the race!