#21 phillay

phillay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

kerrigan this is the electrical systems area of the forum, hasn't your thought processing realise that this may not be the correct place to ask for a 240z parts source or is that how the thought processing works in the USA ;-)

#22 Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:29 AM

Wrong place in the forum ... oooops.

Must not have been paying attention.

Still searching for a source for a replacement for the missing engine pillar ID plate ... blank one would be great.

I'll put it in "parts" ... :-)

#23 Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

If anyone knows of a source where I could get a replacement id plate for the engine compartment for the 1971 FairladyZ-L (this one lost 35 years ago during a repaint) I appreciate it.  Tried to contact NISSAN in Japan  but the email address didn't work.  Writing a snail-mail to them ....

#24 HS30-H

HS30-H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

Groundhog Day ( again ), I see.....

As I've told you several times Kerrigan, 'Revive Jalopy' in Saitama, Japan can supply you with the correct engine bay 'VIN' tag for your 1971 Fairlady Z-L, and Nishi san will stamp it up himself with your chassis number before sending it out to you.

You're either not trying hard enough, or you're trying too hard in the wrong places ( like asking Nissan Japan, for example ). If you can't sort it out yourself then ask a company like RHD Japan or Jay Ataka at http://jdm-car-parts.com/ to help you. Half of Jay's stock comes from Revive Jalopy anyway.... 

#25 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

I vote (Darrel?) Kerrigan get's given a holiday from this forum for being an ignorant, arrogant seppo twit.

#26 Wayne G

Wayne G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Tagline:Not So New Member

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

http://www.ebay.com....item3f32f9c27e    ?

#27 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

May I suggest a quick flight to Japan with an empty suitcase and plenty of Yen....

Nothing is going to fall in your lap without some hard work and countless hours of reserach! Sourcing Fairlady Z-L parts on these forums is like fishing in a dried up lake. Some members may have parts that they sourced themselves from Yahoo auctions in Japan; perhaps you can do the same?

#28 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

I vote (Darrel?) Kerrigan get's given a holiday from this forum for being an ignorant, arrogant seppo twit.

And maybe a crash helmet with a built brake light as going away present.  ;)

#29 Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

LOL!  You Auzzies are a kick!  Like to visit sometime.  Hear it's a beautiful country with friendly warm people ... 

#30 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

http://www.rubber-so...p-orijinaru.htm

Plates are about halfway down the page. Send Jesse Streeter the link, tell him which plate you want and the numbers you need stamped on it. 2-3 weeks later you'll have what you need.

#31 G

G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hey Kerrigan
I tell you what. If you have a decent 240z I'll look at buying it off you and importing it to a RHD country (here).
You can then go and buy a LHD US spec 240z and have no more problems.
I'll be up your way toward the end of this year..

G

#32 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

Ok both threads are merged. I think you've been given good advice from Alan in this thread. If you want specific parts for your Z second hand please ask our members who may be able to help.

You can also use www.gumtree.com.au and www.ebay.com.au to find parts, we don't really use craigslist over here.

If you want to buy from Japan you can use a service like buyee.jp, importmonster.com.au, 'jesse streeter', www.importmonky.com or rhdjapan.com

Out of those I've used rhdjapan.com to find parts specific to a JDM Mazda RX-7. They offer a good service but you'll often have to have an order above a specific value before they will chase down specific parts for you.

#33 Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:12 AM

I believe I said I contacted Revive Jalopy and asked them HOW DO I PAY FOR THIS ... and never heard back.

You want me to send me credit card information to an email which won't reply after the initial response?

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion of that suggestion ...

People want to help?  Wonderful.

People want to bitch and complain about my asking for help?

I can do without that thank you very much.

Sorry I'm not as brilliant as you "experts"; like the "expert" in Australia who basically is telling me my car can't exist with the ID numbers it has ....

We'll just do what Americans are good at doing ... the impossible.

Thanks anyway.

thor=HS30-H link=topic=13982.msg149649#msg149649 date=1396720447]
Groundhog Day ( again ), I see.....

As I've told you several times Kerrigan, 'Revive Jalopy' in Saitama, Japan can supply you with the correct engine bay 'VIN' tag for your 1971 Fairlady Z-L, and Nishi san will stamp it up himself with your chassis number before sending it out to you.

You're either not trying hard enough, or you're trying too hard in the wrong places ( like asking Nissan Japan, for example ). If you can't sort it out yourself then ask a company like RHD Japan or Jay Ataka at http://jdm-car-parts.com/ to help you. Half of Jay's stock comes from Revive Jalopy anyway....
[/quote]

#34 Gareth. J.

Gareth. J.

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

http://www.rubber-so...p-orijinaru.htm

Plates are about halfway down the page. Send Jesse Streeter the link, tell him which plate you want and the numbers you need stamped on it. 2-3 weeks later you'll have what you need.

#35 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

#36 HS30-H

HS30-H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I believe I said I contacted Revive Jalopy and asked them HOW DO I PAY FOR THIS ... and never heard back.

You want me to send me credit card information to an email which won't reply after the initial response?

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion of that suggestion ...

Like I said, you need to put some trust in them. These are people I know personally. I vouched for them didn't I? That means you don't trust me either, then? Your credit card's supplier is there to protect you in such situations. Revive Jalopy's postal address is easy to find ( I linked you to it, remember? ) so you could try that. How about engaging the services of a translator? Heaven knows how the East India Company or the Silk Road traders managed to do business...

Look at this from Revive Jalopy's point of view; How many USA-based small businesses would even attempt to answer an enquiry in Japanese from Japan, let alone try to process the order? I can tell you from personal experience that many USA-based businesses don't want to deal with anyone outside the USA, even if they do speak English. I told you before that you need to be persistent, and I was persistent with you wasn't I? Just getting you to use the correct e-mail address for Revive Jalopy was hard enough...

People want to help?  Wonderful.

People want to bitch and complain about my asking for help?

I can do without that thank you very much.

Speaking purely for myself, I find it frustrating to see you popping up on multiple forums at different times asking the same questions even when you've been given the answers elsewhere. It's been going on for years. I see you offering thanks to people who have been no help to you whatsoever whilst you all but ignore the people who have given you good data and good advice! It's like there are several different Kerrigans out there, all of them with short-term memory loss. You just don't seem to take things on board. It ought to be a pleasure to offer help, advice and recommendations to you, but you make it a chore. 

Sorry I'm not as brilliant as you "experts"; like the "expert" in Australia who basically is telling me my car can't exist with the ID numbers it has ....

Well, welcome to my world. There's plenty of bad data out there ( most of it originates in the USA, ironically enough ) but picking your way through it and recognising fact from fiction and who is to be trusted is all part of the game. You've owned your car long enough for you to be on top of the pretty basic stuff ( and didn't I send you an Excel copy of the factory parts list for your car on CD some years back? ) but you still seem to be waiting to throw a six to start.

But why are you relying on an Australian parts source to decode your chassis number? This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. YOU need to get on top of the data ( starting with the factory parts lists ) and YOU need to compare and cross-reference part numbers so that you can tell what parts on your car are different than, or the same as, the 'Export' models that you can find in north America and elsewhere. Your searches for a fuel pump and windscreen wiper arms are the perfect example: The original fuel pump on your car was identical to those fitted to the 'Export' cars that were made at the same time period as your car, and the part numbers would have told you that. The wiper arms were the same as the RHD 'Export' cars, so again the parts lists would have provided you with useful clues and you could have TOLD that Australian "expert" exactly what you were looking for. 

Actually, talking of "experts", I can think of one USA-based "expert" who is adamant that your car ( and all of mine too ) was "irrelevant". Now how's that for stupidity and arrogance personified?     

You can get started on "the impossible" right after you master HTML and the 'quote' function, eh?

#37 Mr Camouflage

Mr Camouflage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Tagline:www.wazcars.com

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

::)

#38 Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

I ask around to hear the opinions from others, and not surprisingly quite a few of the answers/opinions vary a lot.

And it did take posting on quite a few "parts wanted" places on forums to finally locate a couple of parts I needed so I guess that reinforced asking a lot of places.

Mostly just trying to learn as much about this specific Z I can.  I wrote NISSAN in Japan and was a little surprised they didn't have any information at all about it; when it was made, to what dealer it was sold, etc.  No ID plate ... I know I know, I'm asking a lot for that one piece.  The car isn't right without it.

So please bear with me while I continue my quest for information about this car ... and parts too ... like I want to replace the non-NISSAN fuel pump with a rebuilt/new OEM Nikki pump.  May have a rebuild kit on the way for it (hoping).

What does surprise me is how quick people are to jump on me for asking around like I've got a bad attitude or am a troll fishing for conflict. 

I thought other Z people would be glad to educate me about the car, not about my "bad American habits" ...

#39 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

What does surprise me is how quick people are to jump on me for asking around like I've got a bad attitude or am a troll fishing for conflict. 
I thought other Z people would be glad to educate me about the car, not about my "bad American habits" ...

From what I've seen, people aren't "jumping" on you about asking, its the fact you have received the help and advice, but expecting others to do all the donkey work for you. Wishing parts just fall in your lap after asking several z based forums won't create many friends.. doing crap loads of research and maybe looking for actual pictures of what you need so then we know too what specific Z-L part you are after and also maybe the same as our Australian delivered models. I have only seen a few of the JDM Fairlady zed models here and I could see plenty of differences between the models.

If you are worried about sending credit card details online, grab a prepaid type card with a fixed low limit for international purchases... low risk just in case it does happen.

#40 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

If you are worried about sending credit card details online, grab a prepaid type card with a fixed low limit for international purchases... low risk just in case it does happen.

This is a really good tip, I have a Mastercard Debit Card that I only load with funds as required to cover online purchases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users