fufu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Tagline:NO NO NO!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Hi guys,

Came across this website. Had a search on here to see if its been posted up but i had no luck.

So here it is.

I guess some what of a degree it can be used as a guide to engine rebuild as well as engine conversion steps and whats needed.

http://www.bluevista.net.au

#2 herrods

herrods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

interesting site, notrealy in order tho, but i spose thats just me being picky, looks like it will be a powerful beast.

has anyone got an idea of what all that might cost parts wise?  Im referring mainly to the custom mounts and crossmembers, not the engine/box/ancillaries/computer

#3 modular9

modular9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:28 AM

Castlemaine rod shop mounts were 200 AUD last time i checked.

Then you gotta get some bloke/blokette to cut the tranny ears off and weld or make and bolt a cross member in. which I got quoted at 350 AUD for.

The main cost for me ( and why i sold off my rb30 bottom end and went triple carbs ) was the rest of the costs ( rb25 head,  haltech computer,  aahhh the list goes on ! ) and the anal retentive QLD transport authorities which would have stopped me at every mod .

#4 24OZ

24OZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

that's mike R's website,he lives around the corner from me in perth,he has recently updated it with his progress
i just got an email from him today saying the WA police licensing dept have given in principal approval for the RB26DET motor transplant in his 260Z recently acquired from melbourne

#5 NZeder

NZeder

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

I met Mike when he was over in my part of town aka Auckland NZ - nice guy and I too get his updates via email. He even took photos of my 240z and 260z.

I refer to his site all the time when looking at the VT brake upgrade and his Hopper Stopper upgrade. I am thinking of going down this path for the 260z, the 240z will have 4 pots on the front as it will be the track car but the 260z will be the road car and one day with the RB30DE that I am/will built so Mike and I have a few things in common, first name, a 240z and 260z 2 seater in the stable, 240z will be a track car while both are planning RB conversions in the 260z's however I am going the N/A path.

So I keep an eye on his progress on the RB conversion all the time ;)

#6 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

how old is he? in one of the pics the car has p plates  :D :o

#7 24OZ

24OZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

I met Mike when he was over in my part of town aka Auckland NZ - nice guy and I too get his updates via email. He even took photos of my 240z and 260z.

I refer to his site all the time when looking at the VT brake upgrade and his Hopper Stopper upgrade. I am thinking of going down this path for the 260z, the 240z will have 4 pots on the front as it will be the track car but the 260z will be the road car and one day with the RB30DE that I am/will built so Mike and I have a few things in common, first name, a 240z and 260z 2 seater in the stable, 240z will be a track car while both are planning RB conversions in the 260z's however I am going the N/A path.

So I keep an eye on his progress on the RB conversion all the time ;)

i have the VT brake upgrade,next time i would go with the Arizona Zcar front package.....about $1200
i know mike had a few dramas with the hopperstopper conversion getting his 15" superlites to fit
no worries with the VT conversion,even got a set of 14" steel mags to fit over them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users