Enzo

Must Watch Automotive Program Thread.

I kind of agree they don't belong at Goodwood, no history with them. They are replicas as far as I'm concerned.

I know it sounds snobby but if you start to let those cars in why not everything else?

I guess it can be argued either way, it is a factory built car to the same exacting standards of the day but I wonder what modern advantages have been gained?

On that note there's also one of the 'original' older cars that was heavily crashed and rebuilt. You have to ask the question, is it the same car or does it fall into the new recreation category?

Rust To Riches.

Saw this tonight while cooking dinner, turned out well. Maybe not so much the colour. Same formulaic content. I was surprised to see how rough the bodywork was when stripped back - in terms of the previous weld jobs etc..

I guess back then tools were not as accessible or good and training not as formal?

Bush Mechanics was an awesome series showing how a little outback ingenuity can go a long way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wspwBcuOZFg

This sort of stuff was really useful when driving across Africa in a Ford Fiesta we (my sister, her friend and my partner) got for 250 GBP from the UK.

Some photos from the Rally...

IMG_20101229_074414.jpg

IMG_20101229_074421.jpg

Swedish Friend, My Sister and Partner

IMG_20101229_083644.jpg

I'm sure this will draw a few comments haha.

IMG_20101229_083719.jpg

Only the best for this dream machine..

IMG_20101229_111011.jpg

Just in case it's found any other way up.

IMG_20101229_111019.jpg

Border crossing, can you see the guy waving his arm in the background? He's telling me no photos! :)

IMG_20101229_111031.jpg

Unfortunately due to a flat battery I don't have many other photos of this trip, my sister ended up getting the car down toward Ghana before busting a hole in the sump on a rock and the gearbox mount fell out of the car. They had someone do a dodgy weld up job on the sump and fixed the transmission mount using coat hanger wire (lots of it).

I had to go back to work before it all came to that, but I suspect watching Bush Mechanics would have been good study material before doing the trip.  ;D

The car was sold to a nice African gentlemen who paid more for it than the 250 GBP initially paid and said it drove well... Go figure...

'The classic car show' On now (SBS 7.30pm Friday nights).

Darn, just missed it. Was working on the Z.

Replaced the rack boots and tie rod ends.

It was the first episode I have seen. Nothing spectacular, but it's a show purely on classic cars which is pretty rare. After watching so much top gear its a little strange to sit through a 'normal' car show that's semi serious.

No Falcon Left Behind.

A little slow and awkward but good to see Canadian's (I think by accent) fixing up an old Aussie V8.

If anyone is into hemi sixes check out Mirabito performance on youtube. He does some great engine builds and its quite amusing. Just a warning though, there is alot of language...

This guy takes cynicism and sarcasm to level 10.

It does highlight how overrated events like these can be, along with Las Vegas in general which seems to be the epicenter of philistinism.

Warehouse full of Corvettes. As much as I like them, I'd love to have the same thing stacked with early rotaries, Nissan S30z's, 510's, Skylines of every era, you get the idea.  

That is great, would love to see something like that in Sydney.

Edited by PB260Z

You saw this right?

http://gosfordclassiccarmuseum.com.au/

Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/gosfordclassiccarmuseum/

Opens April 30th 2016 8)

Holy crap! My wallet is bleeding just looking at that list - what an impressive collection of cars that will be! They've got pretty much all of my bucket list cars. Might be a good spot for a Sydney drive day.

Looking forward to going there when it opens! I find the lack of 90s Japanese cars a bit odd though - none of the GTRs, RX7s or Supras. Could probably get a nice one of each if you cut out a couple of the late model exotics.

Looking forward to going there when it opens! I find the lack of 90s Japanese cars a bit odd though - none of the GTRs, RX7s or Supras. Could probably get a nice one of each if you cut out a couple of the late model exotics.

They have Edward Lees old 240z, Matt Drago's 240z and they recently got an SP RX-7. I'm sure they have more 90s Japanese metal also.

They have Edward Lees old 240z, Matt Drago's 240z and they recently got an SP RX-7. I'm sure they have more 90s Japanese metal also.

Oh, I missed the RX7 when I was looking at the list.

But I'm not sure the list is complete actually, they've posted pictures of an F40 and F50 but neither are on there.

Good video on the 510, they shot down the BMW copy myth and also the Mercedes engine design copy nonsense...

Lots of praise for the 510, values have been slow to appreciate. Perhaps because so many were sold here and still quite a few around. I think they will start to appreciate soon enough though.