Must Watch Automotive Program Thread.

Enzo

• Administrators

It was posted a while back, great little documentary and really lovely to see the way some of these restorer's work. It inspires me, I look on with envy at some of their skills.

• Administrators

Apologies if this one has been posted. History of the Zed.

Nissan Datsun Z "Fairlady Z"

http://youtu.be/XVnSXHnll88

Yeah that 1 is subject to much contention mainly because it focuses mainly on the US market cars and the way the car was launched in the US and it's subsequent success etc.. However it mentions nothing of the Japanese market vehicles including the 240zg, the 432 and 432R or even discusses the racing success of the Safari Rally cars. It also doesn't talk about the AU / NZ / ZA markets or EU markets for that matter.

So whilst it is nice to see a documentary on Zeds, they left out much of the interesting parts of the story.

Hi Gav,

I liked the Google Map. I have never tried this. It was nice to be able to walk down the street and look into peoples back yard. Narrow streets not good for street racing though. Too many poles on the sides.

On the second link, it was nice to hear that the Japanese thought what the heck lets enter the Australian rally, and then they won. But yes I agree it was only the American market mentioned. Back in the 70's with the fuel shortage did you see the sign saying $3.00 purchase of fuel only per person.

David.

• 1 month later...

I've seen a fair few YouTube clips on modifications and fabrication, but never ever anything of the quality and detail that these guys go through.

I sat up last night and watched all 4 current episodes, totally P1ssed myself laughing but just as technically brilliant, ANYONE looking at doing a major modification as far as engine etc will get a load of info out of this series.

Do yourself a favour, grab a cup of Tea, yes Tea you will figure out why when you watch the series, and get ready to watch Benny Hill meets Top Gear.

They are currently up to Episode 4 filmed about 2 weeks ago, here is the link to episode 1

Enjoy  ;)

Great way to start my weekend, gives me a bit of hope for my rusty mess. Thanks for sharing. :)

Love it!!!

Hey George

I think anyone who is about to do a total strip down and is facing "The here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here" dilemma will get a dose of courage out of these guys.

Thanks for wasting my morning, no seriously, thanks. Just finished all 4 episodes and I have to hand it to these guys. Love their cheesy humour almost as much as I love their jigs and engineering abilities.

Can't wait to see the Mini blasting around a track.

• Moderators

Awesome, just watched Ep 1 & 2

Held together by Black Matter and Cardboard Aided Design - love it  ;D

Time to go and build that the tyre and rim storage rack for the workshop.

Don't forget the new "positive air pressure" bonding process, opppppp's that might be in episode 3

Guys if you haven't watched this yet, do it, you wont be disappointed as the posts so far support.

• Moderators

Tyre & Rim rack finished. Time for Beer, Pizza & EP 3.  :)

post-3930-144023745434_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Whens the Grinding Scare Crow on the cards?

Haha, had a beer with Scoota last week and was saying I need to get more grinders  ::)

Problem is I don't have Vauxhall flywheel lying around  ;D

• 1 month later...