6 replies to this topic

#1 Rod F

Rod F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

Has anyone fitted central locking to their Z? I tried the other week but couldn't find a spot to attach the actuator.

Thanks

#2 Zeddophile

Zeddophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

Well, I intended to... just had a look at one of my doors, the only possible place I can see is between the window track and rear of the door - directly below the actual locking assembly.... Looks like a pain to set up though - perhaps pay someone else to do it?

#3 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

I have. I made a tin bracket for the actuator. It was a bit tight but just took a little patience. Once installed I got the wiring connected to an alarm I later installed and I use this alarm remote to lock and unlock the car. Works great, when the alarm is armed the car locks and vice versa.

Sulio

#4 Natez

Natez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:09 AM

if your looking for a simple alarm system with the central locking

best bet is to go on Ebay and buy something off there you like, unless you want a brand name...

as all the $3-400 stuff i find in jb-hifi etc etc, is all made in the same factory in china, and will cost you 150 or 200 on ebay... i did this and bought the actuator from JB-HiFI, as thats the heavy duty part you need, saved a few hundred dollars

#5 Rod F

Rod F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:50 AM

I also have an alarm, which i've already installed and connected to the central locking module, it's just finding a place for the actuator.

Sulio, you wouldn't happen to have a photo of your install would you??? :)

#6 biggels240z

biggels240z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Hi got it installed on my car as well , i mounted mine almost directly behind the rear bolt of the arm rest , not real easy to line up for drilling of the wholes but work great .

cheers
Richard

#7 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:45 PM

Sorry rod I have'nt any pics but I'm sure you won't have too much trouble just give it a go.

Sulio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users