Rims that will fill out flares

DreamZproject

Just let your insurance company know of the mods you do before you take out insurance and make a claim.

I have let Shannon's know EVERYTHING I have done to the car ( including my 16x9.5 wheels) and they were happy to insure it for a reasonable price.  That means that can't turn around and say "this was not a legal mod".

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I think back on when I started driving I was a bit like you in regards to what I perceived the insurance companies would and would not 'get me' on. After a claim or two I figured out that they really don't care all that much as long as you don't go overboard.

I think maybe you are massively over thinking this.

This.

Don't stress too much and enjoy your car with responsible and well implemented (read: safe) mods and don't be a tosser on the street. You'll be fine.

If you try and style a car wide and aggressively within legal constraints, you're going to have a really bad time. I have 14x10.5 -38 and 14x12 -57 R-types with 185/60 and 215/60 respectively.  These will be run under standard guards on an S130.

No matter whether your car is mildly modified or whether it is full blown, cops will ALWAYS pull you over. If a cop wanted to defect my completely standard daily car, they could, they will always find a way. The world is just full of people trying to out-loophole each other, so just do what you want, enjoy it while it lasts, and don't put others at risk.

I'm pretty sure no one is going to die because I have 12J's on the rear of my car. As much as cops will try to make me feel like a criminal, I know that the fine and points that I receive will be solely because of my refusal to adhere to the laws, not because I put anyone at risk.

If you don't want the attention, or you don't want to deal with the consequences in the event of an accident, simply put, don't do it. Just keep your standard guards and leave it alone. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this instance.

• Administrators

Just get a set of Black Watanabe wheels that fill out the stock guards nicely. Job done. No hassle from the fuzz.

In 10 years time everyone is going to be removing flares like we remove sunroofs from the 80s. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

If you still want Flares in a year or 2 sell me your Watanabe wheels at a good price and I'll gladly buy them. So you can butcher your guards ;).

In 10 years time everyone is going to be removing flares like we remove sunroofs from the 80s. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Whatever  ::) , oh those factory optional flares that are still cool 40 years after the fact... yeah ill be saving the metal so i can put it back in. Luckily i still have my matching numbers L24, so when i realize the mistake i made with putting a stroker in I can make it nice and slow again, ya know when going fast isn't cool anymore.

You're all a bunch of flare hating Nazis.  ::)

Just get a set of Black Watanabe wheels that fill out the stock guards nicely. Job done.

Gav if you read the whole thread you will see that he said he doesn't want to spend much money on wheels and tyres but wants it to fill out guards, maintain factory rolling diameter, be 16 inch in diamter (no exceptions), and be completely legal, and look like te37v's or watanabes.

Champagne taste on a Pepsi max budget.

• Administrators

Whatever  ::) , oh those factory optional flares that are still cool 40 years after the fact... yeah ill be saving the metal so i can put it back in. Luckily i still have my matching numbers L24, so when i realize the mistake i made with putting a stroker in I can make it nice and slow again, ya know when going fast isn't cool anymore.

You're all a bunch of flare hating Nazis.  ::)

So it's true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I don't have a matching number L24 for my Safari Gold car, so I'm stuck with a slow stroker motor also ;). In fairness I'd do the flares also but I just don't have big enough kahuna's to actually chop up the guards to fit them out properly. I was of course taking the mickey, as I'm sure you are too.

The OP wants to stay legal, look cool and have some decent looking size wheels, hence I think the compromise is the requirement of flares, you don't need them to have a cool Z.

As Mark (Mossy's) car shows.

dk85.jpg

featured-podcast.png?_subject_uid=104468981&w=AABupGo5o9dYqF9-X_kuRiofAjMFqYePJQ4ufA-v7hqecA

Gav240z: Yeah i'm joking... if you're joking...  ??? . jk. But in all seriousness, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Bullzed: Update your thread i want to see what you have done! I don't want to hijack this thread and dilute the information here.