STOLEN 240Z SYDNEY - Please keep a lookout

ZED660

I am posting this for a friend who has had his 240Z stolen overnight (23/24 November), from a private garage in Beecroft in Sydney.  The car was only left there yesterday for safe keeping! while the owner is moving house.

It is red in colour, Rego. ZED003 and is fitted with a cage.  It has a 2.8 motor with triples and was on a galvanised/silver Tiltatray trailer No. Y68238

If anyone sees the car and/or trailer or is offered any parts for sale please contact Gordon on 0427889817 and/or the Police.

PICS of car attached. Note the front spoiler is now black.

Further info: there were two sets of Performance wheels 7 x 15. Road wheels fitted with 225.50 x 15 Falken tyres and a spare set fitted with 225.50 x 15 Toyo R888 semi slicks. Carbs are 45mm Webbers and also in the car was a race suit and boots (brand unknown), New Stihlo helmet with Hans device and two older Stihlo helmets

GEOFF

post-659-144023734626_thumb.jpg

post-659-144023734634_thumb.jpg

post-659-14402373464_thumb.jpg

If not found within 48 hours, it may well be stripped.

Please supply further details,

Sizes and brands/make etc of things like rims/tyres, carbies and manifold,

Engine no, head type,

Any other features.

Type/make etc of trailer, any distinguishing details.

The items may pop up on various sites or ebay/gumtree for sale.

Any pictures would help

Any other features.

Type/make etc of trailer, any distinguishing details.

The items may pop up on various sites or ebay/gumtree for sale.

Any pictures would help

I second that. The smallest thing, like a dent in a panel, could lead to catching the thieves.

• Administrators

This is unreal that someone would try this on. The community is so small that I'm sure it will come to light soon enough.

I'll keep my eyes out, I never see Zeds around Sydney but if I do I'll be sure to let anyone inc. the police know.

Is there a phone number (owner) we can contact if we see anything? Might be worth sending me a PM. I'm a hawk when it comes to cars of interest.

Dear all

Thanks for your help, I am moving homes and am in Newcastle at present sorting out a house. I don't have engine number handy but will ring Stewart Wilkins tomorrow to see if Stewart has the details.

The tandem tilts tray car trailers are getting pretty common out there.

Very touched at your response and grateful to Geoff and Vince who swung into action when I was going round in circles. Police have investigated and their report number is E52747725 if that will help reporting.

Thanks again

Gordon 0427889817

That's so terrible, stealing a new standard car that most likely has insurance and can be replaced easily is one thing, this is very very low.

If it were spontaneous its likely someone local to your mate, whether they stole it or called a friend. So it may still be local.

I'll put the word out

I'm guessing they were after a car trailer, the car on it, was a bonus.

Put as much emphasis on the trailer desrciption and details,

If that gets found, that will lead to the car.

Also put the word out to Auto Workshops that deal with all types of Nissans, the Carbies, and wheels will turn up first, as they usually do.

And all should keep an eye out on Ebay and Gumtree.

• Moderators

Hi,

Beecroft is 10mins from my house  :(, and a very quiet little suburb.

I will be keeping an eye out in the local industrial area.

Also have posted to FB

Hope it turns up.

Sad to hear. My hubby and i are in Tewantin (sure we have the only 2 260z,s and they are always a head turner) very unique and noticeable. We travel on a fortnightly basis to Cairns, via the Bruce highway. Have the details and will certainly spread the word and keep an eye out for you. Best of luck mate, just the thought of someone stealing one of my old girls gets my backup :( Whoever stole it is no doubt thick as a brick, and has no idea of the can of worms he has just opened. The z lovers network is large and very dedicated. Cant wait to hear of the safe return and one thieving loser getting all he deserves. GGGRRR

Thanks for the help, I am impressed with the power of the Zed community.

No word on the car or trailer as yet.

The trailer is a Tilta trailer from Qld. NSW rego Y68238. It is a clever design that is lightweight. It is tandem.

www.tiltatrailer.com.au/

The Zed, ZED003 (NSW) has a cage, it has been developed by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport over the last 10 years so has brake, suspension and engine modifications typical of their work. It had an extensive repair after going into a tyre wall at Morgan Park in Qld last March, including a full respray. The bonnet wasnt sitting properly and the front spoiler was sprayed black which I wasnt happy with. The front door was just rubbing on the guard.

Its engine number is L28466334 and chassis number HS30103613.

Locked inside the car was my racing gear, Stillo helmet, Hans device and racing suit. So they got a complete ready to go package, looking forward to seeing it on a track soon.

We are moving from Dubbo to Newcastle for a new job and the rental place we have managed to get doesnt have good space so I wanted to store the car near the action around sydney until we got a better place, probably wasnt thinking clearly although thought it was a safe spot.

Thanks again although realise that as time goes by it is less likely to show up. There are a few bad/sad people who do this stuff but they are vastly outnumbered by the good. We value our car of course but value more the friends we have made with the cars.

Gordon and Karen

Hi Gordon,

Really sorry to hear of your loss here, particularly given the work and money you've put into the car. I will of course keep a watchful eye and ear out for the car, but my first bit of advise (without reading the whole thread, so sorry if its been mentioned before) would be the following;

1) Call Unique Cars, the Trading Post and Ebay and report the car and all its details as stolen,

2) Call all major national racetracks (perhaps its better to do this via CAMS) and report the car as stolen and ask they be vigillant to any new Z's at the track,

3) Call HSRCA and do the same, and

4) Keep a close eye on MY-105.com for a 240Z for sale, and report it there too.

I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open to all 'Zee' talk and hope you find it.

Best regards,

Adam

Hi Gordon, really sorry to hear, i have notified all ZCCQ members and a couple of other car clubs up here in Qld, i suggest you let Sydney Z Car Club and NDSOC know so they can pass on the information to there members if you haven't done so.

Cheers

Dave

And anyone trawling through Gumtree or Ebay, have the odd search for the quick sellers, rims, carbs, engine, box, panels etc.

And look out for fresh adverts for Tilta Trailer . They will a

Ter VIN number by a couple of digits, or fix a plate from another trailer, in order to move it on.

Antone been out for a drive around the usual Western and Nth Western dumping sites?

Castlereagh forest used to be full of cars, many years ago!