#41 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

BMW guys running on 9th are up for $6k to hire, they have just, just scraped in the prepaid minimum, if not, they pull the pin, but need to give min 2 weeks notice otherwise, their deposit is lost.
Or depisit is transferred to another day later in year, cant recall
To hire it on a Sat or a Sun, its $15,000
It just gets very hard, especially to a club rhat has very few, ie 20 or so, regular runners, to garner enough extra " once a year/come and try's"
There just isnt the depth in the Qld Z fraternity to get enough runners at a one off.

Of the 120 entrants at each of the eight rounds at Morgan Park sprints, approx 20 are Z regulars, at only four weekends over the whole year.

I can get pretty well any of these Z's an invite, to any of the three future QR/Lakeside events, that the HRCC will be attending, they are not "pure" Historic events, and QRO are running them.

Last time the invite went out, response,,,, Zero!
The invite is there, again for 2014, for these events later in the year.
Sorry, it wont be a LapZ, but at least it is something.

Matt, any idea what the mx5 club gets charged for a Monday at Lake?
I think the Bimmer guys were a bit pricey at $200 per car, for a Friday!

#42 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

No idea, but would be standard track hire rates for the day or half day.

The club also is willing to subsidise the track days for the one or two a a year that may just break even or not quite get there in terms of making a dollar, but they are turning a good profit. They also welcome non club members who pay an extra $20 over members or if you pay on the day, member or not, its $165.

The days are run where non members are generally by invitation, or known to members rather than opening it up to open slather which keeps the dickheads down to a manageable level so we may get one or two cars in a year badly damaged, rather than every event for some hirers, and that means no delays on the track.

Since I have been doing track days with the MX5 club over the last 5 years or so I know of only one write off, and about a dozen cars that have been damaged, but still driveable, at Lakeside.
I'm not sure it is a problem, but most in the club who do the track days are more than happy to be track day warriors and big fish in a little pond rather than step up to more organised events like supersprints and door to door racing. There are a few who are doing the midweek street sprints as well as the track days and one or two also do the open sprints run by QR.

It works for the club and makes a bit of money for them.

I'm sure if the Zed club wanted to, if they made an approach to the MX5 club to have a run at one of the track days they would be welcomed as it all helps with costs.

#43 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Excellent idea,
Z club of Qld, get in touch with the 5xm'ers, and "hire" a grid/block on the day.

Or is there some readon why not,,,,,,?

#44 clutch-monkey

clutch-monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Excellent idea,
Z club of Qld, get in touch with the 5xm'ers, and "hire" a grid/block on the day.

Or is there some readon why not,,,,,,?

could work well. PCQ would do this with the HSV club. only a tiny fraction of the HSV club was interested in circuit work (compared to the drag days..) so they were quite readily 'adopted' into the PCQ days. quite a sight seeing a VY V8 supercar go toe to toe with cupcars etc.

though PCQ has doubled the price for their trackdays this year so don't take too much inspiration from them..  ;D

#45 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

I wish to apologise to all those that wished to attend the proposed Lapz event on the 17May for its cancellation. I have been overseas for the pass 5 weeks and was not part of the decision making process to cancel the event.If you have processed entry forms and forwarded them to the ZCCQ and have not received a refund you need to contact them(ZCCQ) directly . There seems to be talk of an event to replace  Lapz some where down the track ,but I do not have any information on what that may be or when.
Again sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused over this event cancellation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users