vorn70

Vorn's 920 Gold 240Z

Don't believe you Vaughn, we need to see a video...

Maybe I wasn't clear enough Vaughn... :P

I told you George will be onto you about the video Vaughn. As soon as I can get hold of the video I will put it on youtube.

Cheers Jeff

Maybe I wasn't clear enough Vaughn... :P

Jeff called it last week he said to me that George will be onto me. I think I need to YouTube on how to YouTube .

Happy for you, looks great! Are you going to be putting the badges back on? That will really complete the look in my opinion.

If you are still in contact with the previous owner you should send her some photos of the "yukky brown colour" you've painted it.

i have a full set of new badges to go on the car. I won't fit them until all is done with the car. I do have the old owners details so I should send a picture with the yucky brown.😛

Thanks to all for the positive comments and encouragement. My son just got his KTM 50sx so I have been a bit on the weekends helping him out. I just need to get some time to finish things off.

i should be ashamed with how little progress i have done to my car opposed to you!

Man you really smashed it this year, got so much done! The car looks outstanding, so does the colour.

+1 for video's!!

Rudolf.

i should be ashamed with how little progress i have done to my car opposed to you!

Man you really smashed it this year, got so much done! The car looks outstanding, so does the colour.

+1 for video's!!

Rudolf.

Thanks Rudolf. Sorry for taking so long to back to you I have been busy although i know that is no excuse.

I have got things sorted under the bonnet now with all the wiring tidy. I have put the badges on and with help from Jeff made the bonnet close without hitting anything, we can't get it to fit how we would like but it will have to do for now. I just need a wheel alignment, gas the aircon  and get the Tacho working. Jeff has found a solution to get a signal from the computer to work with the original Tacho if it works we will post it up as it might help others.

post-1648-144023770316_thumb.jpg

post-1648-144023770332_thumb.jpg

I made this universal circuit board from dinoplex and it worked a treat cost me around $30 in bits.

Good thing is the info and circuit diagram is free, the guy answered my questions quickly too  :)

http://www.dinoplex.org/tachoconversion/

You can use this circuit board to

•repair a tacho with broken electronics by exchanging the circuit board

•adapt a tacho to a different input signal type (Coil input, Points Trigger, Electronic Ignition and ECU Signals)

•convert a 4 or 6 cylinder tacho to an 8 cylinder engine or vice versa

I'm running a VG30 & Haltech so this was perfect for my application.

Was able to get most of the parts from Jaycar, the only parts they didn't have was the CMOS dual precision monostable multivibrator (min order for these was 25 at 48 cents each so if you want one let me know I have plenty spare) and Low Drop fixed voltage regulator 8V. Sourced these bits from RS Components.

It took a few hours soldering but I got there in the end and happy with the end result.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I may take you up on your offer I'm running a Haltech Sprint 500. Im just going to drive the car for the next couple of days then after Christmas look into a fix for the tacho.

No problems just pm me your postal info if you ever want one.

I cross referenced dinoplex list of parts to Jaycar part numbers so can give you that info if you want.

Also some of the parts from Jaycar come in packs of 5 or more so can give you some extra bits too.

I made mine up on a experimental board as I could not make it as small as his.

One tricky part I found was where exactly to connecting wires T1 & T2 inside the tacho but once I got that sorted it was all good.

If you have any questions happy to help.

I'm running a PS1000 and I can't believe how stable the tacho needle is now.

I used the Haltech ECU manager to calibrate the tacho.

Hi Guys. Vaughn's mate Jeff here. Vaughn dropped by this afternoon to give me a quick drive of the 240Z. Thanks Vaughn, it was fantastic to drive a Zed again, helps keep the motivation up when mine is in the roti. See the Youtube link for a video I took as Vaughn drove off. It is only a short Video, however should provide "Proof of Life". I hope it is to your satisfaction George. Also a few pics attached.

post-823-144023773694_thumb.jpg

post-823-144023773706_thumb.jpg

post-823-144023773715_thumb.jpg

post-823-144023773724_thumb.jpg

post-823-144023773734_thumb.jpg

post-823-144023773742_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is a very tidy looking Z.

Great to see it on tbe road - enjoy.

Cheers

PB

Nice work.... :)

Always good to see a "project" make it back on the road for everyones enjoyment.

Well done! 8)

A big thanks to you all for kind remarks. A a bigger thanks to Jeff and Derek for helping me get my car on the road. It would not of happened without their help.  Derek did an amazing job with the body and paint and in my dads words made a silk purse from a pigs ear. Jeff was a big help with the electrics  and coming around to help when I just couldn't find a solution to what ever problem I had that night or day. When I started this 4 years ago I knew it would be hard, but it was heaps harder than I thought. I did manage to stay within budget give or take a few grand. The support form all the club members has been outstanding and really helped to keep my motivation up. I still have a few bugs to sort out, but now it's time to enjoy the car for now, and save some money to sort some things out over winter. I also now want to help Jeff with his 240 and my wife has 4 years worth of jobs around the house saved up. Thanks again to all I will try and take some "good" pictures with something other than my phone in some good light to show the car in detail a bit better. I know the car will never be finished but now I can enjoy it.

awesome work mate! You blazed through the rebuild, especially over the last year and a half, its left me gobsmacked at how fast you got it done. Its made me feel lazy and angry with myself, which is great! gives me more motivation to get in the garage and get cracking on mine!

More videos please!

Rudi.