80s Special 260z 2 seater for sale.

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Here is an opportunity to own a time capsule of a S30Z. I was recently contacted by the seller to inform me that he's now decided it's time to let his cherished 260z go. Having owned the car for some 40 odd years.

Model: Eg: 240z, 260z, 260z 2+2, 280zx, 300zx - Other rare Datsun / Nissan's and their parts are also acceptable. 260z 2 seater

Required Location: eg: Tweed Heads NSW

Required Price and Payment Conditions: eg: Cash in hand, cheque, paypal, part exchange (for what?) etc.. 18K neg.. make an offer!

Item Condition: Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent, Concourse (refer to pics)

Body: Rust? Damage? Where? (refer to pics)

Mechanical: Running / Rolling Shell, Requires towing etc.. Running.

Registration: Selling registered? Yes but won't come with plates pictured.

Extra Info: Vehicle history, specs and modifications etc..

From owner..

86 y. young but have to downsize to unit one garage only,.selling my baby of 40 years. His mane:FLAMINGO. Totally individualized= look more like Ferrari., Ferrari red, tinted windows,mag.wheels,craig el.stat radiator fan, air/con, black b'bars (nylon coat), black chrome elsewhere, black vinyl roof, spotless dash and all interior like new, reversing buzzer/light, alarm, non std de-calls, spoiler, light cover (+spares), many other spares & rubbers, orig. manual, service record, front spoiler(+spare), rear defl. spare, anti-theft device, custom racing seats, harness seat belts, air horns, ext.compet., mirrors, power antenna/cassette/FMradio, read window wipers(+spare), el.windows winders, and more...Registr.NSW 00-031 until 24/7/2014,(spec. n.plates cannot be transferred), definitely no rust, Body was prepared for 280-Z turbo engine from Bob Shard Calif.USA but  due to high charges, modification and insurance, idea abandoned. One driver (me), not even wife or old sweet lady!  Not raced, hobby driven only. engine runs perfect after km 018147

It would be easy to place ad into CAR SALES but as a Z-fan, I prefer to give first choice to you people. Price is negotiable and due to perfect conditions and many spares.

I can offer some finance, if legally secured. Car can be inspected and/or collected from our home at Tweed Heads any time.

The  Mechanics who knows the car from many years servising it is Clive or Chris from Alden Automotive 07-55244822. or  NRMA inspection welcome.

Contact Details: PM / Email / Mobile / Home Phone etc..

Call Radovan

07-55994673 or email radmys@myone.com.au

37939_60d20ecd3373665ea04487a11e949c77e89329a0.jpg

37941_5faa9cfb97a4a4f2c7d95990abc5a0360f26b41e.jpg

37943_7c2a2a28e67175d315a83e1bfab50deea326d9de.jpg

37945_ef90f5f47d13e5240f80c831fda91ecc368dfa5b.jpg

• Administrators

Some of you may recognise this car or it's twin.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2582.0.html

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3782.0.html

Radovan had 2 cars made up and customised in this style back in the day for himself and his lovely wife Michelle.

Here is some photos of the cars in Sydney many years ago.

37951_912abb80f1cefb7b76a98a4834261a864fe0c283.jpg

37953_7bdf191f4dd0b9c41305e815b5d927afd1eba92e.jpg

• Administrators

Steve needs to buy the set! ;)

He is aware that the car is up for sale, he receives the club mail. I originally thought it was Sulio, Dimitri and Steve playing a prank on me when I first saw the photos because it looked exactly like Steve's old car used to and Sulio was known for playing pranks like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Is this Flamingo some modification that could have been done on more than two cars? Making it part of Zed car history in Australia?

Not as far as I'm aware, it was just these 2 that were customised in this fashion.

My eyes, my eyes !! Those seats are burning my eyes ! :o

I actually think they are ok, very 1980s but similar in design to the original seats. Perhaps the colours are a bit loud though?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I saw Radovan's car in person a few years ago and it is top notch. Note that I had my car's paint completely redone and was shocked when I saw how little rust there was - clearly these cars have been well taken care of!

As you will notice if you look at my build thread I changed the style of my car to be a little less 80s, and it was so easy because it was such a great starting point.

Cheers,

Steve

• Administrators

Hey guys,

I saw Radovan's car in person a few years ago and it is top notch. Note that I had my car's paint completely redone and was shocked when I saw how little rust there was - clearly these cars have been well taken care of!

As you will notice if you look at my build thread I changed the style of my car to be a little less 80s, and it was so easy because it was such a great starting point.

Cheers,

Steve

His wife also had a Celica that was mint and original (TA22). He sent me photos, not surprised it was gone within 30 mins of listing on Gumtree. If people are on the fence with a car like this, I suspect they haven't factored in the cost of restoring and S30Z properly vs starting with something clean and relatively rot free. You can only tell people this so many times, sometimes you just have to let them find out for themselves though ;).

You always save money starting with a better car, always. The modifications on this as you mentioned are pretty easily reversed.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Radovan von Winterberg r2desvw@myone.com.au

Try that, last I heard was this..

Hello Gavin,. the articlde is excellent.Unfortunately, we changed our email address recently to so I dont know if there are any responses to the ad. If the article is stil alive, an you change email and add to it my phone 07-55994673 Many thanks, Radovan

Thanks Gavin, I'll give it a go

I fear he may have already moved to the mentioned 1-space place.

Strange because the number was ringing when I first tried last Friday (with no answer), but has been disconnected since Saturday.