63 replies to this topic

#41 PZG302

PZG302

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Gunna be busy on the mountain then, the Hairdresser cars are having their Christmas run and presentation on the 8th at Bellbird Grove.

#42 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Not that i have a road going Z, that weekend i am hosting for their annual Xmas party, followed by a "Drive up in the Hills", the Datsun Sports Owners Assoc, the true original Datsun sports car, the Roadsters and the Fairladys.

If we pass the Zeds, we'll make sure to wave!

The original hairdressers hahaha.  :P

#43 orange-Z

orange-Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I apologise but I have to travel overseas for work on sunday 8th so cannot host the BBQ for the cruise that day :(.  This has just come up with little warning.  Options are either somebody else hosts the BBQ or we can postpone until January.  I am available any weekend in Jan for the cruise and host the BBQ.  Let me know your preferences.

I am in cold Mongolia desert now proudly wearing a Z car beanie and wishing I was back in the warmth of Brisi.  Communications not so good but will get back on the net in the next day or 2.
cheers
Alan

#44 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Any CD shops around in Mongolia?
Keen for a "Throat Singing's Greatest Hits"

Weird but kinda interesting!

#45 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

That's no good Alan! I'm away for all of January too :(

I would offer to host the BBQ but my bbq is dead. I can borrow a webber from a friend if need be though? I have a large yard and a quiet enough street to park in. Near the KFC in Kedron off of Gympie road.

Or we could just do the drive and get a coffee somewhere.

Or we could do the Yatala Drive-In instead? I looked at the upcoming movies and no combos really grab me but could watch Thor and Hunger Games on Sun 1st December?

Not sure how it fits in with any of the above but I would also like a nice industrial type location to take some photos of all the cars. Not sure what's around but something like this would be cool: http://shaun-maluga....order-run-2013/ Or a big cement carpark or something. I just find the industrial/concrete stuff more interesting for car photos :)

#46 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Ps if there is rain my place is no good for hosting more than 5 people haha.

#47 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Mongolia , You're not digging holes are you Alan?
I would perfur we stick with the original date . I may have a few options up my sleeve which may work and not cause a large disruption. There will be a run in early February if all plans fall into place along with other events called ROADZ TO WARWICK for the NDN2015 . Give me a few days and I will report back. There will be more details on these ROADZ events closer to Christmas. Shaun ,Geoff is looking for pics of the Mountain run to use as subject material in that matter I" pm" you about.

#48 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Tagline:75 260 2+2 RA60 Celica Hatch 74 260

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Like Shaun's idea of doing the run and getting coffee after somewhere. Could do photo shoot at my work on weekends. Two wharehouses with heaps of concrete out front. 8)

#49 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

What if we asked Alan to host his run later in mid 2014. It would be a ideal run for another time .As the mountain may be a little crowded on that day.It seems the 8th is popular with a lot of a Car Clubs.
So what about a different run. I am still happy to host a BBQ at my home and I will set out a run as I have done in the past .But it will be southside and I am thinking of out Beaudesert way near the New dam for a photo shoot and a coffee if possible.
But as before if anyone wants to jump in and host PLEASE feel free to do so . But I will need to know this week . No later that the 22 November if I am hosting. I need to clean up.

#50 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm easy m8s but little nervous taking the Z out atm with all this large hail about. I think we would be better off to look at doing our Christmas run in July. What do you think? 8)

#51 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I say we do a meet up on the 8th still. It doesn't have to be a well choreographed run, we can just check out what the weather is like on Saturday and whoever wants to meet up on Sunday can just turn up. There's a place here in Hawthorne called Hawthorne Garage, fairluy central for those on North and South Sides. They do coffee and deli food and have some parking but I haven't actually been there yet. I can check it out to make sure the grubs good (enough) and we can meet there for a coffee/food around lunch or mid afternoon. Anyone who wants to go for a drive afterwards can do so or we can head to some locations for photoshoots (some industrial areas nearby and the ass end of the Gateway bridge) or just head home if either of those is not your thing.

If we do want to do photos, between 4pm and 6pm is ideal so maybe we could do coffee mid afternoon.

Then we can do a better run next year when Alan is back :)

#52 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Ok all we need now is a hands up who is coming and if a BBQ at Aub"s place or Shaun's trendy coffee shop. I am in either way. Would love to have it at my place but can't atm. Could always have fish and chips at Wynnum some were along the bay front.

#53 BatmansDatsun

BatmansDatsun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Tagline:Slowly putting it back together

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Im keen for a run on the 8th, I still haven't had the coin to get the car tuned properly so it is running super rich but I am still keen for a run somewhere. As long as i get to drive the car I am happy :D

#54 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Your idea ,Shaun(sexual-sushi) seems to be popular or the favoured one .It's in your hands now.
Let us know where, what time you want us there.

#55 BatmansDatsun

BatmansDatsun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

So what is the plans? I'm keen as long as it's not raining as my stupid t tops are like a sieve. Only so much window sealant one can squeeze into the seals

#56 peter t

peter t

OLD RETIRED Z FART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Looks like a no go. Might be better to shoot for a Christmas in July run and BBQ as this time of year everyone is busy with other commitments.  ???

#57 BatmansDatsun

BatmansDatsun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Well that's a little depressing, yeh maybe try for a Xmas in July meet. Or if anyone is just keen for a run at all maybe organise a small one now

#58 sexual_sushi

sexual_sushi

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm still keen to meet and maybe grab a few photos. I'll stick with the Hawthorne Garage Plan, 3pm. I will definitely check out the food tomorrow and report back. If anyone wants to come just let me know.

#59 BatmansDatsun

BatmansDatsun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Cool as mate. Im pretty keen for it. Might be riding solo as the missus hates the lack of aircon.... Personally I hate the thought of power being choked.

#60 be-zed

be-zed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

I can it on Sunday .I have all the Christmas lights up now so my job is done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users