Sign in to follow this  
be-zed

QLD Christmas Cruise

I say we do a meet up on the 8th still. It doesn't have to be a well choreographed run, we can just check out what the weather is like on Saturday and whoever wants to meet up on Sunday can just turn up. There's a place here in Hawthorne called Hawthorne Garage, fairluy central for those on North and South Sides. They do coffee and deli food and have some parking but I haven't actually been there yet. I can check it out to make sure the grubs good (enough) and we can meet there for a coffee/food around lunch or mid afternoon. Anyone who wants to go for a drive afterwards can do so or we can head to some locations for photoshoots (some industrial areas nearby and the ass end of the Gateway bridge) or just head home if either of those is not your thing.

If we do want to do photos, between 4pm and 6pm is ideal so maybe we could do coffee mid afternoon.

Then we can do a better run next year when Alan is back :)

Ok all we need now is a hands up who is coming and if a BBQ at Aub"s place or Shaun's trendy coffee shop. I am in either way. Would love to have it at my place but can't atm. Could always have fish and chips at Wynnum some were along the bay front.

Im keen for a run on the 8th, I still haven't had the coin to get the car tuned properly so it is running super rich but I am still keen for a run somewhere. As long as i get to drive the car I am happy :D

Your idea ,Shaun(sexual-sushi) seems to be popular or the favoured one .It's in your hands now.

Let us know where, what time you want us there.

So what is the plans? I'm keen as long as it's not raining as my stupid t tops are like a sieve. Only so much window sealant one can squeeze into the seals

Looks like a no go. Might be better to shoot for a Christmas in July run and BBQ as this time of year everyone is busy with other commitments.  ???

Well that's a little depressing, yeh maybe try for a Xmas in July meet. Or if anyone is just keen for a run at all maybe organise a small one now

I'm still keen to meet and maybe grab a few photos. I'll stick with the Hawthorne Garage Plan, 3pm. I will definitely check out the food tomorrow and report back. If anyone wants to come just let me know.

Cool as mate. Im pretty keen for it. Might be riding solo as the missus hates the lack of aircon.... Personally I hate the thought of power being choked.

Hi guys, checked out the Hawthorne garage today. They do coffee (supposedly good but I'm not a huge coffee person so couldn't say) and they have deli style foods like quiches, pies, sausage rolls, tortillas, sandwiches and rice paper rolls etc. if you want a snack. There's tables etc. out the front.

Let's do 3:30pm there for a chat and coffee. If you want, park out the back in the direction of the arrows in the picture (if the spots are available), might be good for a photo.

If anyone wants go for a drive and/or photos after we can decide on the day :)

Who's coming?

7898050958_5ae1c43e3d_b.jpg

http://www.hawthornegarage.com.au/contact-us

post-174-144023736093_thumb.jpg

post-174-144023736108_thumb.jpg

I was keen until today. Thought I'd have a little play and drive today in preparation for tomorrows meet/ run.... Busted my throttle linkage... the plastic rose joint just decided to pop straight off and disappear.. So i regret to inform you all that i will be unable to attend... maybe next time I won't have such bad luck...

Sorry, not going to make it. Nail gun has become available today so I can do this fence job. Have to grab it while I can as the guy who owns it works a lot of weekends. :'( :'(