QLD Christmas Cruise

be-zed

Bunning's have their Christmas lights up for sale. So that means it is time to start thinking about the QLD Christmas Cruise. Last year was north side and over to Bribie , the year before was south side and to Peter T,s place for a BBQ. I also remember a very wet year at Shaun's place. What ideas have people got for this year?

Just as a thought the ZCCQ had a 3 mountains run a few weeks ago . It was a very good run starting down the Gold Coast and finishing at Hope Island 2 hours later for lunch. If you like winding up and down hills and the sound of  Z's  barking through rain forest then this is the run for you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK

So how about December 8 .

If an extention of invitation is extended to the ZCCQ a date has to be set as soon as possible . This is so they will have time to inform their members that may wish to attend. It may also be possible to obtain one day memberships to the ZCCQ so that all attending will be covered under Club insurances if this is to be a joint venture. The ZCCQ is looking into this arrangement for events leading up to the Road to Warwick NDN15 events. 

You know, sometimes the best runs are the loosely arranged, spur of the moment, couple weeks advance notice, Lets Do It type runs.

To get all bogged down in organising this, setting up that, permits , invitations, insurances, just slows the process and spur of the moment down.

Plenty of loosely based car type forums whack up a "Run" date/notice, and just go for it.

Day run, morning run, arvo/evening run, midnight to dawn run, whatever, they are all great.

How about the Toowoomba sausage run drive. Up to the top of range for lunch or smoko, a drive around Toowoomba that Matty could organise, then a run back home on a route to be determined.  ;) 8) :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ 8)

Perhaps the simple approach to this event is the best approach . Where we meet and go for a Cruise is of little matter. Not everybody will be happy with the start or finish. Going by the responce I got at the 3 Mountains run when I said it would make for a great night run the silence was defting, followed by some obscured reference to ham taking flight. So I don't think a night run would work. If a venue for lunch is picked then there are protocols that need to be followed .At this time of year most establishments will want to know numbers and will require a deposit which is credited to the final bill. This was the case last year for me.

Most people don't make their minds up to attend until the last moment or like the option to hop out at the last minute.So I would recommend the Cruise finish at a private residence for a BBQ. It takes care of both booking and parking problems.I am happy if someone else wants to do this, but if not I can set out a run and open my home for a BBQ . Members could come and go as they please. 

Sounds good Alan I vote +1 for your place!

Just need to make your car fast Shaun haha

Haha or my legs more like it, I went back into the cafe to get my gear and took some photos for a lady doing a book reading thing and came out and everyone was gone haha. Then I had no idea where I was going but nailed it for a bit, keeping up with some bikes in front of me but took a few wrong turns so decided to go home haha.

I am in for this.  Also, willing to host the BBQ.  Lots of room for cars on property and big covered patio for the BBQ.  Good endpoint for a drive around Mt. Glorious, Mt. Mee etc.

Cheers

Alan

Sounds good to me, all in favour say "I"  BYO Food and Drinks. Aub to set out Run. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Allan to the rescue .

Thank you for offering your home to us for this year's run. Talking about run that course looks fine Allan . But we should go over it at least once as I don't trust Google maps and direction 100%. Sorry but that is the ZCCQ and CAMS official in me talking

It is best to be sure that things are what  Google say they are. We need a starting point to be able to get fuel and a time to begin. I would also ask Shaun to look over the run after we have checked it and get him to post the final course.Speaking of Shaun we did miss you you at the finish for the 3 mountains . At the end I was told you were not planing on being at the finish. You may also have some interesting footage of that run that I would like to have a look at if that is possible. But you were not the only Z to drop out . It was hard on cars that run and I lost forth gear at Tambourine .Not sure what happen to it but now its back as if it had never been gone and I did nothing to it.

Allan PM me your details and I will contact you.

Aub   

Holy crap has it been almost a year already? last year I still had EFI, and a horrible motor. Now i'm back in business with a fresh motor and the Triple 45's :D. Even if i don't get my Final tune and cant get me headers to stop glowing orange after 5 mins in time I will do my best to make it. Will be a blast.