• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

The maker of my ITB's used to run a 1200 coupe race car in under 2 ltr sports sedans...won many races with that little rocket! Had some very well sorted suspension underneath and some clever aero...

#22 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

That's interesting to know.
There is no doubt that once I have got the 1200 together that I will give it a few runs.
Who knows maybe it might change my mind.
My thinking is that my 240z is already 3/4 of the way to being a to being a race car. With a another $5000 on suspension it would be competitive. So if I sold my 1200 to pay for that then I am there

It would cost me a lot more to get my 1200 to the same level of performance that my 240z already is.
And to me it seems a waist to have all the power and performance that my 240z has if I can't use it. Which I can not on the road.
I already have 2 s30's so I think my wallet would much better of if I let the 12undies go.  :'(

#23 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Sounds like the bug has bitten Mick, One road zed and one soon to be track zed, you're a lucky man. Looking forward to the Video.

#24 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sounds like the bug has bitten Mick, One road zed and one soon to be track zed, you're a lucky man. Looking forward to the Video.

I think I will keep the 240 on the road untill I get told I am no longer alowd to by the orthoties .

#25 MaygZ

MaygZ

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7841.0.html
  • Tagline:We all started somewhere. Where are you Lurch???

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

You could sell the other Zed and use the money to build up the 1200.  Just a suggestion.

Well done on beginning your racing path.  Stay smooth, stay on line, stay happy.

#26 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

You could sell the other Zed and use the money to build up the 1200.  Just a suggestion.

Well done on beginning your racing path.  Stay smooth, stay on line, stay happy.

Wash your mouth out. Why would you say such words :o.
Bothy zeds are coming with me to the grave.
Pluss I can't sell the blue one. It was a gift from my old man.

#27 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

This was not my fastest lap. I ably made a 43 second pass I actually came of around the bowl.
It was my last run so I pushed a little to hard. And locked up the fronts. 

#28 65bellett

65bellett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well done on getting your times to come down! I drove my Isuzu Bellett  (the little white car with the green stripe) over from Melbourne for the climb I managed a 44.44 on my first run and the rest of my runs were between 44.33 and 44.88. I tried a few different things and couldn't go any quicker. If only there had been a prize for being consistent  :-[

Do you know if there was any one taking any photos. Here is a bit of in car video I took

#29 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well done on getting your times to come down! I drove my Isuzu Bellett  (the little white car with the green stripe) over from Melbourne for the climb I managed a 44.44 on my first run and the rest of my runs were between 44.33 and 44.88. I tried a few different things and couldn't go any quicker. If only there had been a prize for being consistent  :-[

Do you know if there was any one taking any photos. Here is a bit of in car video I took

Yes I remember your car coming in on the trailer. 44 not a bad time for that car. I hope I can get a similar time in my datsun 1200.  Unfortunately I only got the 1 video and a cople of pics of my own car.

#30 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I shaved a bit over 2 seconds of my pb at collinggrove today, I  had to cut the day short because I damaged my front spoiler while rearranging about 20 witches hats in a row
I think my bravery has definitely outgrown the cheep tires.
I was not only battling front end lock ups, I was also battling trying to keep the rear end in check.
I also need a decent race seat because I think I was driving from the passenger seat half the time.

So many things to improve. I'll get there aventualy.

#31 Ledge

Ledge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Tagline:PMC RB28

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Good job Knackers

#32 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,662 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Oh wow, what a cool unique and rare car. I saw 1 in Cape Town South Africa last year in white. Really neat little car, first time I saw 1. Are there many in Australia?

#33 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Oh wow, what a cool unique and rare car. I saw 1 in Cape Town South Africa last year in white. Really neat little car, first time I saw 1. Are there many in Australia?

There's a guy locally here who has about 13 of them.
Make that 12, as he had a rally crash  :-[

#34 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

The Bellet GT with twin downdraft carbs was the gun model.
At some Jap shows here in Qld the odd one turns up.

Australia only got the four door, there was a nice roofline shaped two door sold in Japan.
They were'nt a big seller for Isuzu, not compared to the Gemini.

You and I, and Gemini,  Oooo,, oooo, oooo!

#35 Roberto

Roberto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Tagline:No more sunroof's!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Great improvement Mick.  Did you do any mods to the car at all or tyres pressures?  Or was it just an extra latte before the run?

#36 zzzzed

zzzzed

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Great improvement Mick.  Did you do any mods to the car at all or tyres pressures?  Or was it just an extra latte before the run?

A combination of a bit extra bravery and 2psi extra boost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users