wanting to sell my 69 model 240z, where should i advertise?

240z#404

Hi all,

First some background info... I have build number 404. It looks the same as #4 which was on a lot of the magazines back in the day. It's not restored but it's in good condition and has some spares (flange box, rubbers etc). Hasn't been started in 15 years but is all on one piece. I think it was one-owner when i bought it. Numbers are not matching unfortunately but its all original apart from that. I haven't taken any photos yet but will do in the next week.

My query is in relation to where to advertise it for both online and print?

From doing some research online i's not all that clear to me how much it is worth and how desirable the early ones are. Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !

• Administrators

What its worth will depends on photos and its condition I would say 12-15k based on your post but it could also be as low as 6-12k if it needs serious help.

There is an early Silver 240z on Gumtree asking 10k at the minute but has serious rust.

You can advertise here, car sales, Gumtree and eBay that would cover most eye balls on Internet in target market.

Went and had a look at this car tonight after work.

It's a pretty good car overall. Perfect base for a project.

Early model with usual things like vented hatch, no toolboxes, 240Z B pillar badge, fender mirrors center console chokes etc.

Has some rust in usual places. I'm always Suss on guys claiming rust free Z's. But it's not too bad.

I told Justin he should just keep it, since he's had it in that garage for 15 years anyway!

G'day all

I also looked at this car and it has a ton of rust .

It's in the roof , sills , rails , firewall , battery tray , frt gaurds  ,wiper panel , frt edge of hood , rear lip of hatch , and all around rear wheel arch's  . Its also been jacked up under  both floors that would need lots of work . The engine is not from a Zed being a E30 L24 .

Lots of original bits but its a real project .

Good luck with the ssle Justin .

Cheers Doug

Yes. It's a project. Yes it has rust.

Yes. It's a Datsun.......

Yeah but there is minimal rust and then there is serious rust. One i would buy, one i wouldnt.

I think if you were going to buy the car you would be thinking differently about it...

• Administrators

I was actually expecting worse, but it's about what I'd expect for that year Datsun and to be honest it looks very original. I'm surprised the centre console is not broken and it actually has the unique / early fender mirrors which is quite the bonus along with the early D hubcaps! Also note how the steering wheel doesn't have the cut outs in the spokes, but is 1 solid piece?

This would be a good car to restore to factory spec.

Any indication what the asking price is?

• Administrators

A great project car...

(As always) it is a shame I am not cashed up... got some of the harder to find parts right there. Bit pretentious of me, but please dont sell it to anyone not prepared to restore it... :) All the best with the sale...

Kind Regards,

Jarrod.

I was going to buy it, stick an RB26 in it and put flares on it with massive wheels. :)

I was going to buy it, stick an RB26 in it and put flares on it with massive wheels. :)

sad but that is what I believe is happening to my old car #16 but it did have flares that were installed on the 70's already it was a bit rough for such an early girl - a shame really.