#41 d3c0y

d3c0y

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Tagline:Forum Jerk

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

I killed my stock gearbox in 4 drives with similar levels of power and talk to Pauly, so not at all. He is making triple the output of the stock engine, stuffs gonna break.

#42 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

yeh everything was balanced, no vibrations or anything, the worst clutch I used was in fact a exedy HD button clutch it shattered and stripped the material off the clutch plate. as for the driver being we all know I am a bit unbalanced simon

#43 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think its the driver that's unbalanced  ::)

love it....

yeh everything was balanced, no vibrations or anything, the worst clutch I used was in fact a exedy HD button clutch it shattered and stripped the material off the clutch plate. as for the driver being we all know I am a bit unbalanced simon

i see... we all also forget that these parts are up to 40 years old and are at there limit now.

#44 260DET

260DET

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Tagline:Tribal Elder

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Standard suspension in good condition will be OK for a S130, just need a R200 diff to be sure, suitable tailshaft etc. Lowering it would be good but that will result in too much negative camber at the rear unless some mods are done there. Good spoiler, front splitter, undertray, rear wing or S30 type rear spoiler, rear diffuser.

S130 has good basic aero and as set up as above would be fine at 300kph.

#45 OZ001

OZ001

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

so ive tried 300km/hr but diff started making noises at 285km/hr slowed down and bang the diff blew... running a diff ratio of 4.11, towed the car home stripped it and it didnt look too pretty

#46 imackz

imackz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Tagline:v8 into a 280zx makes 450zx

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

so ive tried 300km/hr but diff started making noises at 285km/hr slowed down and bang the diff blew... running a diff ratio of 4.11, towed the car home stripped it and it didnt look too pretty

impressive @ 285 though, if you had a 3.7 diff you would be there..

#47 Riceburner

Riceburner

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

This doesn't make sense to me, I really can't see the point of trying to get to a speed that you'll only ever see a few times. Where is this happening? From your first post it sounds like its on public roads.

For your sake and those other road users I hope your doing it in a controlled environment closed to the public or on a race track.

#48 OZ001

OZ001

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

This doesn't make sense to me, I really can't see the point of trying to get to a speed that you'll only ever see a few times. Where is this happening? From your first post it sounds like its on public roads.

For your sake and those other road users I hope your doing it in a controlled environment closed to the public or on a race track.

It's all good gareth, I had to have permission and a strict timings to use this area, wasn't easy and won't be using it constantly. Also not open to the public for any reason.

impressive @ 285 though, if you had a 3.7 diff you would be there..

Can't find anyone selling one at this stage, won't need it until another month till I can retest it. Back to the drawing board with the aero though, I had some lift going at about 240-250km. The steering became abit out of control towards 280km. Tyres were advan ad07 the last of many as i can't source out anymore. Anymore faster I don't think the tyres were gonna hold up.

#49 Patch

Patch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

You could always try a 9''or something other and do it like this.
Posted Image

#50 PeterAllen

PeterAllen

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Tagline:Manana!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Like I stated back in reply #7, fit a GM (or Ford) diff.

Plenty of ratios to choose from, e.g. 3.07, 3.46. 3.73 or 3.91. All cheap as chips with CVs.

#51 OZ001

OZ001

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Fit a Holden diff - several have already done so on S30s so it shouldn't be too hard on yours. There are heaps of cheap Holden LSDs around, I picked up an LSD 3.08 for $150 and no trouble getting drive shafts made up or CVs. Plenty of shaft suppliers - look up Bosnjak Engineering for starters.

this is going to break the bank a bit at bosnjaks...

#52 pauly_adams

pauly_adams

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

well a little bit of better news "gkteck" are now in the process of fabricating minispools to suit R200 diff's email I got last week

R200 mini spools for around $100?
The ideas behind the products that we make typically comes from frustration that we experience for ourselves or those around us. For those that are familiar with mini spools know that they're not expensive, they're cheap and they lock your rear axles in place amazingly (they're not going anywhere!). We've recently started on a mini spool design based on an R200 Nissan diff. Now there is a heap of work involved as it seems that VSLD, Helical and open diff all vary internally and then there will be variations to suit 29, 30 and 31 spline stub axles. We have just started in the design stages but we will get there. Keep an eye out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users