1973 Datsun 240Z For Sale - Manual Trans, Silver with Red interior - Sold

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,395 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Peter thanks for the donation that was nice of you to do, and glad the car worked out for both parties.

#22 Fairlady Z

Fairlady Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12313.0.html
  • Tagline:Sports Cars

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

You know whats the best thing about this car??

Its in Adelaide now  ;D ;D :P

One more taken from the mexicans  8)

Ant wait to see it favourite combo silver with red.

#23 chris240

chris240

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Tagline:When in doubt...mumble.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Wheres Adelaide ???........

#24 Fairlady Z

Fairlady Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Website:http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12313.0.html
  • Tagline:Sports Cars

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wheres Adelaide ???........

Where its not as cold as where you are from.

Its a small place full of churches,pristene beaches, (you wouldnt know what that is) and home of best Z in Australia.

We even took the trophy best car in the last nationals ironically it was a Z  ::)

;D ;D 8) :P

#25 La provence

La provence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Sold ?
Thank you

Model: 1973 240z 5 speed manual L24 Engine (compliance plate shows 9/73)

Item condition: Until recently reliable daily driver, I retired it from this role as it was too hard on the car.

Body: I can honestly say I haven't found any rust problems with this car.  Purchased car from rust free Canberra off the original owner in 2007. The paint is not great, there are patches on the roof that have recently developed where the clear coat is lifting (one of the reasons I stopped driving it to work and left it in the garage).

Colour: Silver with red interior (very nice combination in my opinion!)

Mechanical: Mechanically reasonable/daily driver standard.
L24 Engine/E88 cylinder head. Manual Transmission

Since I have owned it I have replaced:
seat belts;
steering rack bushes;
rear wheel bearings;
rear wheel brake cylinders;
clutch slave cylinder and hose;
Front diff mount; and
rear gearbox mount.
I had the harmonic balancer pulley reconditioned. Fitted a 280ZX distributor and coil, fitted new distributor carrier bearing assembly and vac advance unit. Head gasket recently replaced due to oil leak down side of the block.
I also recently replaced the radiator with 3 row aluminium one (I still have the original radiator however the top tank was leaking)
The Diff  has been reconditioned by a fitter friend with new bearings and seals (used to be very noisy). 
There are lots of other things I have done it is hard to remember them all, I took the fuel tank out and replaced the rotted out fuel breather, replaced the welsh plugs in the inlet manifold and cleaned all the muck out of the manifold and lots of other little clean up bits.

Suspension: This area needs work, the original springs sag, however I have a lowered set I bought from Dimitri that will go with the car, similarly the struts are shot and need replacing.

Car comes with some spares: original distributor, coil, ballast resistor, original radiator (top tank leaks at seam).

Price and Payment Conditions: Offers around $12300 negotiable.

It is hard to settle on a price. Shannon's have insured the car for $12300 agreed value. I think that is a good start point and am keen to get some where close to that amount.  However I know the market is not what it was a couple of years ago and also that the car needs some work as it is, but you have to ask how much would it sell for if it was perfect? probably close to double what I want.  Therefore I am very open to reasonable offers, however I am motivated to sell but not desperate and can hold on to it for a bit if I can't get any decent offers. I would just probably have to drive it back to Townsville and store it there - at least I know it would make it as it has done that trip before.

Registration: Currently has Vic rego until mid Jul 13. I have done nothing about getting a roadworthy, will need suspension work and some tidying up to get one.

Extra Info: I am the second owner of this car, it is not perfect and is not heavily modified (even has the original AM radio) but it has a great old school look and I have driven it for over 26000 miles with very little trouble.

Why am I selling; I am about to go into my fourth year separated from my family, they are in Townsville, I work in Victoria, hence I spend any reasonable lengths of spare time in Townsville and don't get to work on the car. Using it as a daily driver was just running the car down and I don"t have the space or all of my tools etc here to work on it even if I did have the time.

I am happy to provide any prospective buyers with the info they require. If you are genuinely interested my preferred way to answer questions is by PM: I am prepared to disclose all I know about the cars condition I do not want to rip anyone off.

I apologise for the lack of photos, I have a very slow internet connection here which makes uploading photos difficult, I will try to add more later.

Last point remember price is negotiable.

Thanks
Regards
Peter

Posted Image

#26 George

George

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Sold ?