#21 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Tagline:77 GS30

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for that. It's abit of an expensive mistake if I get the wrong ones. The offsets are different with different faces. I might see if a supplier can give me brake measurements.

Just had a quick look at the specs (can't find brake clearance) but in the t disc (big brake) they come in 15x9 -15 and 15x10 -28 so that might be the safest bet

#22 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

You will only need the T-disk up front. I actually have O-disk (deep dish) rears but I would recommend staying with standard (A) disk rear so the wheels are easier to sell if you ever want to move them on or go bigger rear brakes for whatever reason

#23 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Is there any reason besides cosmetic that you wouldn't go the T-Disc all round? Even in the T-Disc there is still 82mm of dish on the front and 107mm dish on the rear. If you go the A-Disc on the rear it does push the dish to 133mm but I am unsure if it would look weird have T-Disc front and A Disc Rear.

#24 Agno

Agno

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

From the "outside" (what we see on the car) the wheels look the same to me. On the inside the mounting face is flat to the spokes on O-disk, slightly raised (about 10mm) on A-disk and further raised (about 25mm) on T disk. That's why T-disk wheels have roughly 15mm more -ve offset for a given "dish" on the fitment chart.

#25 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Ok I wasn't sure if you would notice a difference between them looking in. I am still thinking t-disc all round just for max brake clearance and let's be honest the dish maybe around 2cms less but there is still plenty there.

Rims and coil overs are still a fair bit off so I am sure I will get plenty of research done before I get them.

Hopefully arriving this week is the 280zx rear brakes, drivers front fender (I can finally mount the fender mirrors then) and NOS 2+2 center console.

#26 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well besides the current parts on order the zed is going to have to have to take a back seat for awhile. Basically I need to get my front fence and gates built as some junky fuck decided he was going to come into my yard while I was out and rip the copper pipe off my 6 month old hot water system (didn't even shut the water down) and cut a bunch of power leads from tools, my split systems, even the fucking tv antenna lead just for a tiny bit of copper.

He went through the zed and only tried stealing the rear dimister switch, also cut about 5cm of wire from the temp sensor in the skyline radiator because that was out of the car waiting to finish repairs.

He is known in the area and was already in the watch house for doing the same shit to another house about 2 hours after I chased him and made him drop all his shit (including his weed stash).

But anyway got an update from Jason at Klearz and hopefully my lenses should be able to be sent out in 2 weeks. Could have sent them all out on Monday but he is doing clear lenses for the interior dome light to which is a week off so I am waiting on that.

Here is the tail light lenses (upper lens is custom made as he only did the lower).

Posted Image

Posted Image

He could have done them smoked but I am going to smoke them myself using Crystalite.

#27 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Some more minor parts updates. The custom lenses are now done from
Klearz and if anybody wants some reproduction lenses I recommend Jason to get the job done, he doesn't just do clear but smoked or OEM look as well. Also on the dome lens he does the milky white look as well but my original was all good so got a clear for something different.

Will hopefully be getting an L28 package in the new year even though I just picked up a reconditioned L26 block for a steal.

Also got an owners manual finally but it is 1 year off my zed but hey it's good enough.

I have some r31 skyline rear brakes to go on the car and will be looking for some bigger ones for the front shortly as well. No pictures of the brakes yet and will also be chasing a larger master cylinder.

Now some pictures.

Klearz.com lenses
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Chinese Side Lens
Posted Image

Owners Manual
Posted Image

L26 Block Reconditioned
Posted Image

#28 Brabham

Brabham

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hey mate,

lenses look good. Should point out that not all 2+2 had the air vents so does not mean they have been welded up. Series 2 (Oct 76 on I think) 2+2 didn't get them so installing them may not work. Hope this helps.

Cheers

#29 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for pointing that out but it looks like they have been welded up as on the passenger side it looks like a pretty good template to recut out. The drivers side had minor hit so the welding looks different. Will try get a picture tomorrow. Either way I will get them work as I have them here anyway.

#30 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Posted Image

That's what made me think the holes has been welded. I could be wrong though as I am learning about the ins and outs of Zeds as I build this one.

#31 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Just went and picked up some parts from Hayden and will be heading back for some more. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about the collection he has and also his 260z instead of promoting dreams is keeping me awake thinking about it.

Will get some photos together once I finish grabbing the last of the stuff from him in 2 weeks. I do have a couple of current orders I am expecting soon so will have some updates hopefully later in the week.

#32 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well here is some more parts updates.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Smoked headlight covers (eBay)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brand Spanking New 2+2 center console. (Warren at All Z Parts)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Finally fitted the fender mirrors that I got from Johnny (FairladyZ) as my second hand front fender came from Warren (All Z Parts) as well.

Now there is some more stuff sitting there that I will update later including the Air Con setup and also some stuff from Hayden which hopefully I can finish picking up stuff from him this weekend.

#33 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Still waiting on the engine to turn up with some more parts but hey this should keep me entertained for awhile

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

Started a build thread on Facebook for the people over there only as it is easier to upload images. I will try to update in here as well with major updates.

https://www.facebook.com/1977gs30z

#35 oldmates260z

oldmates260z

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

Great thread, you have slowly bought/organised all the parts and now looks like you are stepping into the body work. So things starting to move a bit quicker now....

#36 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

I'm giving myself the rest of the year to try and get it on the road. It won't be finished (l28 won't be in or anything) but I will finally get to drive it.

#37 red76z

red76z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

It is good to see another 2+2 coming together. Just keep chipping away at it and enjoy the build. I am only months away from ending my build. I have done the Hylux and R31 conversion so if you need any measurements just let me know.
Nice work.
76 260z 2+2

#38 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

Cheers for that buddy I will let you know. I am ordering the new R31 rear caliper mounts from Scoota soon (will send my old calipers and mounts down to him) and I haven't looked at the Hilux fronts I have. Also plans have changed a lot in regards to body mods as well, I managed to win the Gnose that Scoota had on Oscar from the eBay auction the other day and I also have an Aritaspeed flair kit on its way and a 3 piece rear spoiler. I will be changing the wooden steering wheel to a Nardi Classic Wooden as well so what this all means is I already have 3/4's of the parts I am wanting if I ever get my 2 seater (I have always dreamt of one).  I am hoping once the +2 is on the road i will find a 240z or 260z (or even both) project to start.

When I get these parts sent up I will update with pictures and hopefully would have made some more panel work progress so it can be a decent update.

#39 Triptych

Triptych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

Just thought I would do a quick update anyway.

I have already stripped the car as you can see from these photos here.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Rust hunting started on Friday and what better place to start than the sills and dog legs. The fact I could see bubbles also made me start there.  The car was meant to be restored in the mid 90's (I do have a lot of receipts to help backup that claim) but whoever did it made it look great once painted but is  giving me hell getting back to metal as there is bog rather thick in some areas. Luckily Scoota let me know about heating the bog with a gas torch for a few seconds and scrapping it off so that has saved me weeks :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 Lynton

Lynton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Can't help feel there is a resurgence of interest developing in the 2+2 I am sure only Australia received higher numbers due to local demand, nearly every other country was strongly marketed the 2 seater coupe in preference to 2+2's . Australia being a fairly dry country could well be a source of supply for 2+2's when the rest of the world wakes up that they even exist and all the benefits over and above the 2 seater coupe I know discussion always gets back to looks but I always say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is just a matter of opinion, great to see the restorations on the buses they are sleeping Giants, Lynton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users