MATTY

MYS30 :D - just a few pictures

Matty

Lovin this thread, great attention to detail !

Cheers Sirpent. Slowly but surely she's getting there mate

Bit slack with updates and zed progress but between setting up the new "zed shed" I accquired a P90 head for my motor build from Adam (tyrpich) here on the forums. Still unsure how serious I want to go with the motor yet but I'll definitly be needing a P90 head so its a start none the less.

image.jpg1_zps1hj2v2ne.jpg

Oh and as for the Zed shed its set up for everything we need to do to our girls. A beer fridge is a must but!image.jpg2_zpsvxjuvped.jpg

image.jpg1_zpszadjq9d4.jpg

I had the opportunity to have a beautiful young girl pose for a few photos with the Datsun. I'm thinking she looks that part with it too ????image.jpg1_zpsbyldq5qx.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsmuurf7ui.jpg

I even got in on the action too haha

image.jpg4_zpsqkwsfb3t.jpg

I also succumbed to the urge to buy another boosted falcon after selling my old one due to life changes sadly. I present SLO045 version 2. It's a F6 typhoon for those playing at home.

image.jpg3_zpsuntaoneg.jpg

As for the zed well I'm needing to source some new/second hand webers. At this stage I've got a set of 45.s and manifold lined up just waiting to see how it goes and if I can get them or not then it's time to start seriously thinking what I want to with it and stick to a plan!

So my L28 build has been pushed forward thanks to a failed head gasket???? meaning my other project will have to be put on hold but before I continue on the L28 build I'll fill you in on the new project. I've always had a soft spot for 300zx's after selling my TT 2 seater in my younger years. I had always said that if I was to buy another 300zx it would be a slick top( full tin roof no targa tops) and low and behold my mate stumbled across one with a Fully built motor and forged bottom end with all the fruit and with the slick top being 90% complete we went halves in the deal and both got what we wanted.

This is how we got her

image_zps1d7rnjfh.jpg

But I have big plans for her with a motor swap that hasn't been done to a 300zx before

image.jpg1_zpsjy58sagn.jpg

There's a lot of fab work ahead of me yet but the Barra will fit with some slight firewall modification and trans tunnel work... Oh and a big reverse cowl to cover the motor

image.jpg1_zpselj3i3gu.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsapverrcs.jpg

And with slick tops being some what of a unicorn its funny to think I found a second slick top only a week later which I got to get mine rolling and also a R200 diff to upgrade for the Datsun when I get around to doing the suspension and driveline on her

image_zps6qbivb82.jpg

But more on her after the Datsun's motor is built.

So as I mentioned before the head gasket had let go and I've pulled the motor down ready to get the machining and work done for the motor build

image.jpg3_zpsg4ziscji.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsneg7pq1j.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsviy8addw.jpg

Then I've got my shelf of goodies like my 45mm triple webers with the canon intake and the P90 head. I also noticed the cam has 325r engrave on it given its been re ground to be some what of a mild cam

While things were all stripped down what I could clean up and paint got done ready to be assembled again when the motors prepped.

image.jpg1_zpswcwsqhs0.jpg

So between these two I've got my hands full in the evenings after work but they are both going along at a good pace!