Arizona Zcar Custom Performance Parts

gav240z

• 5 years later...

I myself, along with quite a few others on this site have purchased performance parts from Dave at AZC.

I have been very happy with their product (Cast Alum. Oil Pan/Sump).

Peter Mac also runs Dave's full track pack suspension kit in his race 260Z & is most pleased with it.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have the Arizona manifold and 390CFM Holley fitted to my 260z. Dave at Arizona is a guy worth taking the time to have a chat with. I have had triple Dellorto's over the years and the car originally came with the 240Z SU carbs but they were worn and needed a rebuild. The usual vacuum leaks on the shafts. I like the simplicity of the engine bay and the car goes great. This is a street Zed, not a race Zed even though it has a sweet engine. I tried to load photos but the file was too large. Have a look at the Arizona site for Photos.

Cheers

David.

(Just worked out how to resize photos. The valve cover is the one I bought off Benny).

post-176-144023634803_thumb.jpg

post-176-144023634808_thumb.jpg

post-176-144023634813_thumb.jpg

post-176-144023634818_thumb.jpg

Have to agree with ben there, this looks very tidy but also like it has the goods to get up and go.

Nice work.

By the way ben, that rocker cover looks similar to yours?

Hi David. I am leaning to this set up and would like to know a few things. Did you buy your Holly carb in Aus or USA and could you post a close up pic of your linkage setup. It is totally different from the AZC site as I figure the cable from AZC would be too short for RHD.

Thanks

Peter T.

Hello Peter,

I am away for the week but next weekend I will post a photo of the linkage. I purchased the throttle cable and linkage with the manifold from Arizona Z Car and the Holley (390 CFM 4 barrel ) in Australia on ebay. This is the cheapest way to do it.The throttle cable that Dave sells fits easily as I fitted it to the pivot point next to the Clutch master cylinder. This way you don't have to stuff around and make it go through the firewall onto the pedal. All I had to do was make a bracket that bolted to the bonnet latch support. If you save the pics and then zoom in you may see how they are attached.I won't have internet access till next Friday so will post extra pics then.

Regards

David

sco_aus that setup looks amazing.

out of curiousity how much did that cost to get sent over here from the states (only postage costs)

as there are lots of nice parts for sale over there in yank land but postage costs seem to be astronomical.

It was $195 USD for postage.  Thats with the heavy duty alloy disks.  Dave said the postage on the steel disks was rediculous, hence the alloy, plus the alloy ones last longer and have better venting apparently.