Photo

My 1977 260Z 2 seater, RB25DET converted (lots of pics, be warned)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:37 AM

hahaha, OMG!!!!
I just might have to take you up on the Nutsuert offer Zedman.  I just can't justify the amount of money to buy one, just to use it once.  I'll Pm you.
Sulio, I have just chased Craig for it, so I should have it in the next week.  I have been busy as a really busy thing.

#42 Evan

Evan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

Very nice

#43 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Thanks

#44 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

Well, I still havnt gotten around to doing the rear flares, I have never used bog and I don't want to learn :P, gonna have to.  In the mean time, instead of wasting time, I have stripped all sound deadening and carpets out.  I wanted to see if I had any rust, lucky me, barely anything.
So out came the drill bitt attachment for wire brushes, some Satin Black Rustguard paint and on it went.  I am going to do about 3 layers in the boot and 4 or 5 in the foot wells just cos they get used more.
Here are the results:

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

It makes the rest of the interior look shit though :D  Meh, its gonna be raced, not shown off.

#45 modular9

modular9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

i see what you did twisting the gear boot around 30 degrees. Nice !!  ;D ;D ;D

Nah in seriousness looking really flat and race inspired. I assume therefore no dynamat or any of that sort of ish?

#46 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Nah, it will remain like this unless I get any problems, but I doubt it.  Hehe, I just couldnt be bothered removing the bloody thing, so I lifted it :D  I have just moved a few different things out of the way, like seat belts and a few wires, its not really meant to be that pretty, just wanted to make sure my foot wouldnt fall through a rusty floor at 200k/ph... :D

#47 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Looking good.  All stripped out and ready for business, just the way I like it  ;D

#48 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Actually Scando, you were one of my inspirations and also a friend with AE86 who did the same.  Just looks a lot neater.  Thanks

#49 Scando

Scando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

haha, cool.  Should be good in all black.  I'm kind of regretting doing mine green inside.  Impossible to keep the floorpans clean!

#50 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

lol, i think black will be hard to keep clean too, every spot of dust will show up.

#51 Cdr Zero

Cdr Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Maybe a nice shade of brown?  Could be useful in many ways...

#52 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

I'm trying to stick to a black, chrome and a polished alloy look, so a brown wouldn't really suit it.  I'll just have to stop being lazy and actually clean it ocassionally :D

#53 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

Update:
So for the last 1 1/2 weeks my girl has been sitting at Carco exhaust centre in Belconnen being rewired with an Autronic SM4 computer, new gauges, new computer controlled boost controller, new front air intake (in front bonnet area) and a new 2 stage 12 volt windscreen demister (removed airbox and that crap).  A few other small mods aswell. 

I will be picking it up on Friday, exactly to the day when I was told it would be finished, this is the first time I have taken my car anywhere in Canberra for a something major that the person has kept their word and even kept to my budget with still great quality and professionalism.  So I highly recommend Russell and the crew at Carco Exhaust centre in Belconnen (Carco centre).
I will take a whole heap of pics and post them when I get it back and I may even make the car meet on Friday arvo.

#54 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'll wait with baited breath.
Fingers crossed though...!

#55 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

lol, well here it is.

Ok, so after all the problems I was having with my wiring setup, I decided to bite the bullet and get it rewired with a few other mods done to improve the whole setup.  I gave the man my budget and he worked to it, getting all major things done and anything that would have cost more to take me over the budget and that I was capable of doing myself he left to me (exactly what I asked him to do).
So the pics and titles will explain what has and will be done:

So here is the main item, the Autronic SM4 wired in:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you can see the new Autometer gages and VDO speedo and tacho installed:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The blank area where the heater unit used to be will be replaced with a panel containing a battery isolator and a switch to turn on the 12V 2 stage heater i will install (plus any other items i decide to add later).  Note the red cable for the isolator:
Posted Image

The oil cooler was properly mounted:
Posted Image

Here you can see new intercooler piping and a pipe underneath the cooler pipe that has moved the airfilter from behind the radiator to infront of it:
Posted Image

I am amased at how much room is under the dash once the heater unit is pulled out, crazy.  I call it the "boot" now.

I'm very happy with the work and the fact Russell was willing to listen and do as I asked or offer better advice.  I couldn't recommend them enough.

#56 Cdr Zero

Cdr Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

Looks good scott!  The vdo gauges look great!  I love how you have a mad racer stripped out interior and then you have a polished walnut gear knob.  ;D

#57 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

While I am at it, for those that saw my rear guards at the meet up in Woden not long ago, well here is the much improved version, just need to paint it and mount flares to have the exterior basically where I want it for a good few years:

They were fixed using a fibreglass compund or something like that, the guy did an awesome job, even smoothed the sharp edge running along the centre to make the top of the flare easier to mount flush.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is why flares are needed :D :
Posted Image

#58 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

lol, thanks mate.  Yeah the gear shifter is the next thing to go, just gonna get a standard R33 knob to screw on and forget about it moving around.

#59 RBZ 260

RBZ 260

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Tagline:S chassis Nutter

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

looking good mate. getting there slowly.

That Russell chap from cargo seems to be one rare breed these days. good to know there are people out there that love their job and not there to make a quick buck and rip customers off like most do.
Also having someone listen to what you want done and how is very rare.

#60 Zedman240®

Zedman240®

The 2000+ club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts
  • Tagline:I want your old SHOGUN bike! PM me now...

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Great results there! It is rare to find a workshop like that now like everyone else has said. Oh, with the isolator switch, try and get one with the extra switch on the back; its effectively 2 switches in one. One to disrupt the main 12V and one to disconnect the ECU. When I rigged up my battery only isolator, when I did switch the power off, the engine continued to run because of the alternator feeding the supply! When you switch the ECU off as well, it all just dies. Just in case you haven't thought of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users