Anyone running these triple Carb?

Retro Z

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-Nissan-240Z-260Z-280Z-Weber-Carburetor-Kit-/271179817503?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2393a21f

Looking at possibly buying these and have no idea if they are good or if they will suit.

Looking to maybe get rid of my p90a/f54 L28et setup and getting a basic l28 engine with these ^ Want the simplicity of carbs and the sound..

Does anyone know whether my existing US spec 280zxt 1984 engine can suit these carbs or would it be best to start with another engine with a different head?

European = Spanish.

Lower cost compated to old Italian ons, as they do noy have all the internal passages for transition stages.

They do work, and at 40 mm bores with a bit of a choke venturi, you will get very good airspeed which gives good fuel atomisation.

They will run out of puff above 6500-7000 rpm.

Good for street not so good in 40 mm for full on track.

There are better manifolds available

Thanks.

Will be strictly for street driving and will probably never see over 6000rpm :-\

Just tossing up whether to stay with my mildly upgraded l28et, change to triples or jump on the RB bandwagon like everyone else. Just considering my options...I'm bored  ;D

The triple 40s are grouse for the road. They definitely run out of puff by 6000rpm like Jason said, pretty much why I'm looking to go 45s!

Compared to the stock SUs they have bags of torque, I can't make a comparison to an L28ET though

I love a well built na as much as the rest, but bang for buck turbo wins every time. I have been in a z32 with a well built engine 3.3L, port, polish, custom cams, bigger valves high compression, the thing went hard then a stock z32 with vg30dett and 14psi of boost was faster. cost of getting 300kw out of the NA over 8k, cost of getting 300kw out of the twin turbo $40 for the boost contoler

That is all very true. Might just stick with my L turbo. Although theres just something about a old school N/A that i like..seems more authentic. Turbo to me is like having a hotdog in a sushi roll..just kind of loses the flavour some what...but we'll see.

I might still buy those carbs anyway for a L28 i want to build either for my Z or a 240k that im looking to buy. The webers seems like a nice bit of kit for $1500.

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Turbo = power adder

More/different carbs/manifold = power unleasher

Different carb(s) and manifold may unleash some extra potential in your engine if old carb/manifolds were poor condition etc, but they arent really going to add power like a turbo would. This is what pauly_adams was eluding to.

cost of getting 300kw out of the NA over 8k, cost of getting 300kw out of the twin turbo $40 for the boost contoler

Haha wow that's quite the generalisation, try 38k if you want 300kw out an L Series!

I'm still missing your point though? They both make 300kw  ;D

You have to factor in when your boosted Z32 melts the #6 piston or blows a head gasket too. I have one, they do that.  ::)

im up to 2k sunk into my L28et that includes rebuilding it, it gets dyno'ed next week and should be around 180-200rwkw after new ecu, turbo and injectors go in another $1500 it should be going to 300rwkw

And still not eligible to be in my class!

im up to 2k sunk into my L28et that includes rebuilding it, it gets dyno'ed next week and should be around 180-200rwkw after new ecu, turbo and injectors go in another $1500 it should be going to 300rwkw

This will decimate all AFTER you put about fifteen grand in it or more, and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan.

Do you have a tab at Harry's?

Can you promise me a 10 second car, not a 10 minute car?

• 1 month later...