Photo

Next VicZCar '07 SUMMER! Cruise/Run - Updated!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

Ah looks like we are on track. Sco_aus if things change there is a spare seat in my car.

Cheers,
Sulio

#42 sco_aus

sco_aus

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Tagline:Scott

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Thanks mate.  The company introduced a bull shit collective agreement, so they want to pay me $100 less a fortnight so im going to the compentition and theyre giving me a supervisors position, so it works well :P
Theres not really any chance of me getting any leave for a while, so thanks anyways, hope you have good trip.

Scott

#43 MR260

MR260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

IM NEW TO ZEDS AND THE FORUM BUT MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME ON THE WEEKEND IF THATS OK? ROUGHLY WHERE WOULD WE BE MEETING?
JOEL

#44 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:45 AM

Hi Joel,
Per above we will be meeting at 9.30am in Lilydale opposite the Nissan Car Yard. I imagine you won't be able to miss a few Zeds parked on the side of the road around that time.
I am not sure on numbers or groups for accommodation. Since not everyone has gotten back to me people might just bunk in or book a room on the day.
For you and all others it is helpful if you can get a hold of a 2-way hand held radio.
Cheers

#45 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

G'day guys. Just a reminder about the drive up to Mt Buller we have on this coming weekend. We are meeting at 9.30am Saturday morning opposite Nissan in Lilydale in the "Mitre 10' car park. I want to leave around 9.45 so don't be late. Please also fill up with petrol before arriving in Lilydale as there is nothing worse than starting a drive with people stopping for fuel and splitting the drive group before we have gone anywhere. Remember to get hold of a 2-way radio if you can, we will meet on channel 16 at this stage. My brother and a few mates might rock up in there 240Z and 350Z for the drive through the Black Spur with us. The weather is looking perfect for non air-con cars at 23-24deg days. Will see you soon for a few beers on top of the Mountain.  :)

#46 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

Curator of the 'Gavin Collection'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts
  • Tagline:In my Den of Rust & Sin

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

I'm 99% ready ;D
Zed just needs a quick wash & tidy up.

I also picked up one of these bad boys today:
5W hand-held Uniden UHF ;D

#47 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

Nice two way Lurch. How much and where did you get it? I want another one for home and was thinking of going all out on the 5 Watter.

#48 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

You can get 5W portables off ebay for around $150. They're not a name brand and are Chinese, but I can vouch for the performance. They can reach from the reserviour just North of Bacchus Bog to just before the Werribee turnoff on the Geelong-Bacchus Marsh road. That's with a 5W mobile running a 6.5dB aerial on the other end.. But still damn impressive.

Oh, and you can't miss them.. They come in 'safety' colours so they're easy to find. Bright yellow, orange or some other colour.  :D

Good luck this weekend guys, hope you enjoy the cruise  :). Take heaps of photo's for us unlucky people who don't couldn't make it :(

#49 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hey Fuzzy, your right. there's a few on there.

This one is mine: http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem
Looks like I could have saved a few if I had of gone Ebay...
Ahh well :-[

#50 FuzzyDropbear

FuzzyDropbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, there's quite a few. I was talking about these ones. However, you can't go wrong with Uniden, they make pretty solid units. The one you bought looks like a pretty schmick unit. :)

I purchased a GME TX4600 for $320 off ebay.. RRP is around $600 mark  ;) Love ebay!

Just did a search, if you click me then this will show you all the "omdi" brand units I was talking about.. There's a couple of buy it now units for $175 and Free car charger to boot!

#51 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I'm definately up for the drive and hopefully crash for the night, all interested mates are in exams so want to "concintrate" so anyone got space?

also my tappet adjustment so far hasnt' gone to well, i'll hopefully get it all sorted friday as i have most of the day off, but if i dont i'll either rock up in another car and hope someone has a spare seat and money for petrol? hopefully thats not the case though lol

#52 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

I have a spare seat (if you get stuck) & a spare spot in a room, Evan ;)

#53 MR260

MR260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

I'll be able to come for part of Saturday . I gotta work on sunday. Is there any plans for a lunch stop because thats when id probably leave the party.

#54 620Z

620Z

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:44 AM

Lunch stop will be at Mansfield 12.30 ish. But as previously mention my brother and a few mates will head up through the Black Spur with us and then they will be turning off to do Lake Mountain and then home to his place for a BBQ. You could join in with them if you wanted a shorter journey with some more twisty roads in the morning. Having said that I am pretty sure a few othere one dayers will be making up to Mansfield with us. I think we have around 8 stayers for the night on the Mountain. See you all tomorrow morning 9.30 with a full tank of fuel and handhelds at the ready on chanel 16. The weather is going to be perfect for it.

#55 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

awesome, thanks lurch, off to work on the car now so hopefully it starts to run beautifully...

#56 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

Cool, sounds like all is set. I picked up a 5 Watt UHF programmable 99 channel cb & scanner in one with the loose external mic for $150.00. I've set all the 1 to 40 cb channels. Looking forward to trying it out tommorrow.

Sulio

#57 zedevan

zedevan

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

awesome weekend, thanks for all the lifts everyone!

#58 Lurch ™

Lurch ™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Jeeze you guys made good time! :o Bro & I just got back to Warragul at 3:45...

Thanks for Craigo for doing all the organizing  & Sulio for all the camera work... :P

I hope everyone had fun!

Bring on the next one ;D

#59 Toecutter

Toecutter

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

I also had a really good time. The roads are pretty good up there and scenary amazing. Great Hotel choice Craig. Will post some pics here soon but Dale is writing an artical on the whole trip that will be posted on the front with photos.

I'll try and have the video up in the next week or so.

Sulio

#60 MR260

MR260

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

I had a great time on my first trip with you guys, thanks for making Deb and I feel welcome ( although Deb was a little concerned about being the only girl) Wish we could have stayed for the rest of the trip. Looking forward to seeing the video of what we missed. Was thinking maybe we should do a day trip sometime soon, maybe to Upper Yarra Dam for a bbq?
Thanks again,
Joel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users