#1 thriller

thriller

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well, the pricks over at Jetstar has royally @!$^@$%& me and have changed my flight plans.

Was planning to fly back to Adel on Sunday evening, however they've changed latest flight on Sunday to leaving at 2:30pm. Which means missing most of Sunday at P.I. which is more than half the reason for even going  >:(

It worked out nicely beforehand to use the Skybus/VLine combo to get there and back. Cheaper than car hire (and nobody rents out cars to Under 21's). However now, the earliest bus on Sunday will get us to airport at ... 2:40pm.

Options look like:
-Throw in the towel, save some coin, deal with any cancellation fees and spend Easter at home and have my own z party by myself
-Try weasel a refund out of Jetstar and drive there + back (Heading over with girlfriend and she is less than keen to drive)
-Any alternative ways to get between airport and P.I.?

Unfortunately can't fly back Monday due to work/don't want to find somewhere to sleep less than two weeks away from Easter.

Had everything booked and organized 6 months ago, biggest pain in the ass to have everything fall to bits two weeks out.

Any info about getting to/from P.I. would be handy. Though driving looks like the best bet...

#2 benny

benny

The 1000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

if you can catch a lift with someone to south east suburbs, then train to southern cross then shuttle to airport. Otherwise ill be down on saturday and can give you a lift back to metro early evening and you could stay somewhere in the city then get back to the airport on sunday?

#3 luvemfast

luvemfast

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Sunday is the show and shine in Cowes.  You could see all the cars before having to leave.

There is still accomodation available at The Ramada. 

#4 handsandwhich

handsandwhich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Tagline:Huge Member

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Is it worth trying another carrier? Yeah they are more expensive but it seems you are set to lose some money if you totally cancel now anyways?

It is a fair hike from the airport to P.I by the way. Would be nice to be Lindsay Fox I reckon and use your private chopper to get there.

#5 dat2kman

dat2kman

The 2000+ club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Tagline:going sailing, see ya later!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Umm, take a sickie, and fly back Monday!

The TV programs about Jetstar/Tiger are brilliant, but yes, when they change YOUR pre booked booking, because they cant get enough passengers to fill their plane, for cost effectiveness, they just cancell it, and bump everyone to other flights.

Take a sickie, it is only once every 6 years it gets to Melbourne!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users