Sourcing new genuine Nissan part in Oz?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

Gav, Trevor is at ferntree gully nissan now. Easily the best person to deal with when I was restoring my 240z.

Great, but is Trevor the only person who can actually help us?

#22 PB260Z

PB260Z

Peter (PB)

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Tagline:Must stop buying new toys for the workshop.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

I worked as a Toyota Parts Interpreter for a number of years in the 90's and even then cars from the 70's presented challenges, consider this

- The dealer needs the reference material and it takes up valuable space (see image)
- The staff need to know how to use the older reference material. These days you just enter the VIN # and the EPC removes all but the correct parts. The EPC also handles supersessions.
- A lot of interpreting for older cars requires knowledge only gained from years of experience.
- It also takes a lot more time than interpreting mordern parts.

So, the dealer needs to have an "Old School" interpreter and give him / her the freedom to invest time in chasing old parts for a small return on that time.
Given that Z's disapeared out of showrooms 35 years ago and normally 7 years after that parts demand dries up. You would be looking for an interpreter with at least 30 years experience.

You are more likely to find all of the above in a country dealership.

So Yes, Trevor is a rare, valuable and unfortunately disappearing breed of Parts Guy  :(

Cheers

PB

Attached Thumbnails

• 47063_34d083519be774a1c1cb81f88210cb05b9a658bc.jpg

#23 theremm

theremm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Tagline:New Member

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

I recently (early 2015) purchased a new speedometer pinion housing from Nissan Windsor spare parts (Brisbane). I dealt with Brenden Bretschneider, who was extremely helpful, knew his way around these older catologues and was able to find me what I was after without me knowing the part number. Definitely recommend. Hope no issues with me posting his details :/

P: 07 3866 9742
E:  bbretschneider@nmg.com.au

#24 gav240z

gav240z

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,386 posts
  • Tagline:Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

I recently (early 2015) purchased a new speedometer pinion housing from Nissan Windsor spare parts (Brisbane). I dealt with Brenden Bretschneider, who was extremely helpful, knew his way around these older catologues and was able to find me what I was after without me knowing the part number. Definitely recommend. Hope no issues with me posting his details :/

P: 07 3866 9742
E:  bbretschneider@nmg.com.au

It doesn't have to be name and shame, it can be name and recommend :).

If we build up a list of good dealers and contact names we can turn this thread into a sticky as in who to deal with in Nissan Australia.

#25 CBR Jeff

CBR Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Tagline:Often lost

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

FYI
In the last month I have purchased a few items from Lennock Motors in Canberra. The only spare parts guy to deal with re Z cars is Fred. He owns (I think) 3 Z cars, with one being a very early girl and he knows the cars and knows how to get the parts. It took a few weeks but what I wanted (mostly fasteners and rear suspension and drive shaft nuts etc) was all available as promised.
Jeff

#26 Iceberg

Iceberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Tagline:260z

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Bad news bearer here, we have lost Trevor.

Apparently he has relocated to QLD and possibly around Bundaberg area. I did try to find out if he indicated where he will be working, no luck in finding out so far.

So this thread has just become even more important.

#27 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

I use Nissan in Nambour/Qld for my parts. We use them through work so they put up with my silly request but they do know there way around old cars and always hunt for what ever i need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users