New Member in serious need of a Z

Just got back from melbourne!

Wanted to give a big thanks to Mark aka Scoota and Jordan for helping me inspect the car and driving us around today

Great bloke and its people like him that make forums like these so great :)

Put down a deposit today and will pick it up later in the week to drive it back to sydney. all i can say was WOW it put a huge smile on my face when i drove it. the car does needs little work though so i'll start by just cleaning up some of the little things, maintenance and perhaps later down the track a full body resto.

im looking forward to this new journey and learning as much as i can!

858333_10200265884145692_987304896_o.jpg

Great work guys! Looks like a good one  8) Are we going to see a build thread on this?

I doubt that,  very little to do to this one. Maybe put a decent media player in it, address the very small amount of rust at the bottom of the rad support panel and that's it. Has triples, cam, head work and 20 Years of Receipts. Crazy thing.

yep its as mark says!

theres not much to do really, just some small things to address like fixing the radio, badges, hatch etc. and i'll add my own touch of style to the car so it'd probably a very short build thread haha

nowww how does one get a bre spoiler??

• Administrators

Wow, great find mate. Aren't you glad you didn't look at those earlier ones you listed in the thread? A good car will always show up if you are patient. I don't know what you paid, but that looks like a very genuine car with some race history to boot. I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you discovered just how addictive these cars are once you drove it, there is nothing like that first experience and you got to drive a well sorted Triple carb L-series on your first drive :).

That's also 1 of my favorite colours.

made it back home in one piece!

what a car! ate the kms up easily and gathered speed quickly lol

there looks to be a small pinch/ill fitted window seal on the drivers side door which caused alot of air noise in the cabin

and water to spit at the back of my head when driving.

popped into a mates house on the way home and he mentioned the car was quite loud so i'll need to silence it for rego purposes.

man it was a struggle parking this into my garage, need to hit the gym or something as no power steering is very tough though i suspect the smaller steering wheel contributed to this hahaha

got plates ordered so will be organising rego very soon. if anyone in sydney has a stock or really quiet exhaust let me know!

thanks. pics and a build thread to come.