Restriction in return line

zzzzed

Hi, by British SU I presume that you mean 2". Can yo tell me what needles you are using.

David

Hey mate I have only had the su's 1 week.

I bought them thinking they were hitachis

I will pull the needles tomorrow to see if they have numbers on them.

The l28 is stock as far as I know, with the su carbs it pulls hard all the way through the rev range.

I am very happy with them.

The restricter did not fix the problem. It just mate the revs more stable.

It is still popping from both ends. Something is not right as the middle carb idle speed screw is all the way in and not touching the throttle arm. That's with the linkage arms disconnected

Oh we'll back to the su's for now until I have time for a closer look

• Moderators

You may have an air leak somewhere...grab some aerostart or similar and spray it around the carby and where it joins at the manifold and between the inlet manifold and head... if you hear the revs change, that's where your air leak is.

You may have an air leak somewhere...grab some aerostart or similar and spray it around the carby and where it joins at the manifold and between the inlet manifold and head... if you hear the revs change, that's where your air leak is.

I have tryed 3 different manifold gaskets as well as 3 different sets of cab to manifold gaskets. I have had the manifold faced. I have been trying to chase air leaks since I first fit them. No mater what I do the problem doesn't change. Even now I have them on a totally different engine. I am almost ready to bin them.