240Z steering wheel into 260Z

gilltech

Bought a 240 wheel with horn cap some time back, am now attempting to fit same to my 260 but suspect I may be missing component(s).

For starters will have to track down a suitable spring as the 260 one is larger diameter & doesn't fit into the 240 wheel.

And there's a black wire with a loop terminal that has me stumped, refer photos; suspect it attaches to a component I don't have.

The 240 horn cap I have has no metal components & just push fits into place it would appear, over wire springs, whereas the 260 cap twist/locks on. Quite different.

Anybody got their's apart & can advise? That would be much appreciated.

John

post-755-144023700687_thumb.jpg

post-755-144023700701_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

John,

As I am sure you know that black wire is the Horn, it is a switched earth circut. I would be expecting a "male" spade terminal on the back of the hornpad to complete the circut.

Cheers

PB

Hi PB, cheers for your input but no it's a loop terminal to take a screw.

I'm obviously missing something that fits to the centre of the wheel. And I'll need to find a suitable spring.

The 260 wheel has no such wire, uses a larger spring, & is quite different in design.

Oh well, I'll experiment with it today.

Cheers, John