Can I use 17x8.5 without flares???

dat240z

Hi, im getting a set of Rota RKRs and am hoping to see if anyone out there has a solid answer as to whether or not they will fit without scrubbing on my 71 240z.  i have coilovers which are 3 way adjustable (more room than stock) and currently run lotus performance 17x7.5 with 17/235/45 all round. Currently they sit about an inch in from the guards. Some people on hybridz reckon theyd be fine (17x8.5) with a +4 offset???

want to confirm before ordering from the states...

any help would be appreciated fellas

I run 15x8 -3 on the front of my car with a few degrees of camber (I forget how much) and they fit easy so you should be fine. 

My car did used to scrub the castor rod at full lock with a big tyre when I used to have 15x7 +12 (equivalent to a 7.5 +6) on the front but for some reason nobody else seems to ever have this problem *shrug*.

• Moderators

I used to run some 17x8 Simmons with 225 tyres with lipped guards with coilovers and they did scrub slightly on some big heavy bumps. Forgot what offset they were but I do have the receipt somewhere with all the info.