The Northeners are coming South, WARNING Will Robinson, WARNIG!

dat2kman

The lads, ( a loose collective term! ) from Qld, along with a ring in from Newcastle, and a local from Altona, are making a pilgramage to the sunny climes of the deep South!

Z CAr Club Qld submitted interested messages, for not one, but TWO teams, for the 2012 Phillip Island Six Hour Relay, to be held in early August, and, jhumping jehosophats, both teams have been ACCEPTED.

Just an advance heads up, more complex ramblings to come, as further info and details are deviously devised.

As Blackadder would say, "Baldrick ,,,,I have a cunning plan ! "

Hey, ring-in no longer  8). I thought I better join the Qld Z Club if I keep imposing myself on your events (even though I'm not from Qld, and don't own a Zed), so I'm now a card-carrying, fully fledged Z-Club member.

I better get mine going and give it a shakedown run at Wakefield Park, its still up on blocks since I busted the gearbox at "LapZ at the Lake" around this time last year  :-[

Looking forward to it  ;D

• 1 month later...

Acall out for some helpers!!!

Lurch and Calamity have said they should be there, we may need a couple of other bodies to assist the team manager of each team.

Someone who can keep an eye out for our cars, use a stopwatch. Make notes on a clipboard, and wave an arm at another helper standing on pitlane wall to signal the driver.

The more bodies to do "shifts" helps out to relieve others.

The event organisers were quite pleased that they got so much interest from us, so far up Morth, and we have been accepted with enthusiasm, we are Team Nos, 13 and 14, and are in pitlane garages of same number.

To all our Auszcar mates, come along for the day, Sunday 5th August, is the event day proper, but, the Saturday will have us doing many laps of practice. But be warned, we might grab you and get you to give us a bit of assistance!!!

Sort of came close to that, at PI earlier on this year!

We are not "racing" it is a regularity time trial, held over 6 hours, the team with the least penalties, is declared the champions.

Penalties accrue by either going faster, or, slower than the lap time you reckon you can go closest too.

It is a real mindpharque trying to work it all out, but a heck of a lot of fun, and plenty of strategy involved.

So, who's thinking of coming along??

I might be able to make it to give you a hand, will know for sure a bit closer to the time unless something crops up.. hopefully my Z will be registered by the end of next week could be a great drive down

Did you guys ever consider the wakefield park  6hr in august ?  Last year there where a gazillion 240z competing.

I like Baldrick....he's one of my heroes.....him and George Castanza  ;D

Aha, it was a cunning plan, Baldrick! Original thought was that three teams of six cars were going to enter, all 18 car/drivers from Qld, with intention of a Souther foray to PI, in readiness for NDN13.

Yes aware of Wakefeild, but when you wrigh up from Brisb to Goulburn, vs Brisb to PI, and look at the driving experience at each track, PI was preferred!

The wakefield 6 hour is on July 15 this year, few mates/teams running, i was invited, but, same weekend is HRCC Qld National Historic race meeting.

Does anyone have the dates for this?  I might be able to come down for it.

YES YES, Sunday August 5th.

We need pitbitches to assist with signalling and stopwatch timing, and general jovial rib poking when we stuff it all up!

No grease monkey work involved!

Unfortunately the Z Car Team 2 has lost one of it's team members  :'(  and is now back to a 4 driver team, but I have put the feelers out for a 5th team member. Had a few inquiries but no takers as yet, so if you are interested, have a suitable car, CAMS L2S licence or above, the entry fee of $350.00, a few free days around the 4th and 5th August please contact me via email petermh@optusnet.com.au, mobile 0435871060 or Home (07) 37004614. First in will be First accepted, and NO I don't drive a Nissan/Datsun.

Cheers

Peter

Unfortunately the Z Car Team 2 has lost one of it's team members  :'(  and is now back to a 4 driver team, but I have put the feelers out for a 5th team member. Had a few inquiries but no takers as yet, so if you are interested, have a suitable car, CAMS L2S licence or above, the entry fee of $350.00, a few free days around the 4th and 5th August please contact me via email petermh@optusnet.com.au, mobile 0435871060 or Home (07) 37004614. First in will be First accepted, and NO I don't drive a Nissan/Datsun.

Cheers

Peter

Peter,

I think Greg Hutley was interested & no reason Dave shouldn't make himself available :)

We would like  some of the Victorian guys to join us, as PeterRotaryThingy says, "first in best dressed"

Get in contact with him asap, you get at couple of practice sessions on the Saturday,  and be part of a 5 car team on Sunday, which works out to about 1 hour 15 mins of track time, not all at once, it is done in maximum of 15 lap stints, with real action pitstops!!

It's a good  opportunity though, for us Northeners to get in some track time at PI, before next years Nationals, we did have 19 originally that said they would be keen to do this, but now whittled diwn to just a handfull ( 6 )  from Qld, Dave Wilson from Newcastle, Lee Falkner from Grafton, and your very own Rob Devenish from Melbourne.

Peter,

I think Greg Hutley was interested & no reason Dave shouldn't make himself available :)

I have been talking to Greg but it is looking like work committments will stop him from participating, and I have been trying to get interest from other club members but without success. All the hard work has been done, if we don't get another driver we will run with a 4 car team.

Cheers

Peter

• 1 month later...

What time will you all be there by? Want me to bring anything specific (zed bits BTW)

Dimitri, we pretty well all arive on Friday, to set up, Saturday is practice and qualifying, to determine our lap times we think we can circulate consistently in, then, on Sunday is the 6 hour event proper, not sure on start time, check their website.we pretty wrll have the stuff we need.

We are all in garages nos 13 and 14.

We have Chris Samuelas From Nissan Australa coming on Saturday to do an article on the team members and the cars for the Nissan in house magazine.

All are welcome!

Lets see...

Brad in the 350Z got pinged 10 penataly laps in the first session for breaking out of his target time.

Dave1600 had ignition troubles but got it sorted for his second stint.

Lee Falkner blew a head gasket in his 240Z in the early arvo, and

not long after Jason (Dat2kman) killed a valve spring in his 280Z - it now back at Les & Pete's being repaired for next weekends Historic Winton.

I have no idea of the results however...!