Lap Times: Post your hp/kw and laptime PB's

ZD44TT

Thats a good time for a Z.

I did a 1:08 in my WRX and a 1:24 in my Daewoo race car. Can have a coffee down the straight it takes so long.

Want the Z to be around the 1:06 mark and should get it there with 550hp and over 1000 laps of practice I have had around there.

Sooley

Morwell Hillclimb (Vic):

39.64secs, 260Z 2+2, L28, Yoko A008RS, dry track.

Calder:

1:17.0, 260Z 2+2, L28, Yoko A008RS, dry track.

Phillip Island:

2:05, 260Z 2+2, L28, 16x8" Khumo V70A, dry track.

Sale RAAF Base (Vic):

1:09.00, 260Z 2+2, L28, Yoko A008RS, dry track.

Wakefield Park:

1:18.00, 260Z 2+2, L28, Yoko A008RS, dry track.

Symmonds Plains:

1:19, 260Z 2+2, L28, Falken road tyres, dry track.

My V8 260Z 2+2 has done:-

Calder 1.07

Sandown 1.26

Phillip Island 1.56

Baskerville  1.05  (Tassie)

Symmons Plains (Tassie) 1.06

These times were over a year ago and a lot more handling work has been done. Rose Joints, Sway Bars, Rear wheel alignment, Camber & Caster adjustments. Plus a new 3.9 LSD replaced a 3.36, so I hope to see a few seconds shaved off those times if I am lucky!

Baskerville (TAS):

1:02.0

240Z, L28ET, T04, 10psi, Bridgestone Potenza RE540S, Dry Track

Done a bit of work to the car since then, hope to shave about a second off the times. Should also have some times for Symmons Plains in the next month or two.

I think we might be hijacking this post but here goes anyways

The halfcut should be comming inearly april. In the meentime I am just finishing of the shell so hopfully it will be ready for the motor when it arrives in april.

the motor should take a few weeks to put in (as I only have a limited time to work on the car on weekends) so it should be in and running may-June.

Then a new cage will be put in. get the new logbook and ready to go!

So I guess in short July-August is the target. Maybe I will be able to runa few of the last rounds of the State series?

Ash

I think we might be hijacking this post but here goes anyways

The halfcut should be comming inearly april. In the meentime I am just finishing of the shell so hopfully it will be ready for the motor when it arrives in april.

the motor should take a few weeks to put in (as I only have a limited time to work on the car on weekends) so it should be in and running may-June.

Then a new cage will be put in. get the new logbook and ready to go!

So I guess in short July-August is the target. Maybe I will be able to runa few of the last rounds of the State series?

Ash

Ash, with the state series is that supersprints or racing?

If it's racing, as I understand it a RB conversion in a 240 would make it ineligble for either marque sports or production sports as you have to run the original engine type, ie for a Z that is an L series engine.

To run a RB in circuit racing the car would be a 2A sports car up against things like Group C le mans cars, clubmans, sports 1300's and those new half size bike engined cars.

If you are running supersprints then you would be playing with some fairly modified cars but would still be pretty competitive.

I only ask because you refer to getting a log book, and if you are looking at racing at state championship level check the rules out carefully before you spend a big wad of cash.

Personally I am keeping my Z to run in the MG Racing Festival of Sporting Cars series where it will be racing against similar machinery in age and technology and will be competive. To keep my licence current I ran at a state meeting at Eastern Creek last year and got blown away by everything, including MX5 on radials. Admittedly I was 2 seconds a lap from where I wanted to be and 4 seconds a lap from my fastest times as I hadn't driven the car for about 5 years.

A Z built to 2B rules will never be competitive again in production sports cars as long as the Porsches, Cobras and RX7's driven by the Bill Pyes and Bob Pearsons of the world are around, nothing against these people but 30 year old technology just doesn't cut it against the latest available.

A Z built to 2A rules will not be competive against cars with the same power but half the weight.

Oh and before I forget,

Fastest times in 1997/98 for my Z with L28 on haltech Injection with third hand slicks, power about 140hp and weight 960kg, plus 100kg for me are:

Eastern Creek 1:50.2, have got into sub 1:50 times but no results available

Amaroo Park 56 seconds

Lakeside 1:05 with blown head gasket at Super Touring Championship round in 2000

Wakfield Park 1:13, but no results avilable for proof.

These times are only for events whre there is a record of my times available for perusal on the Natsoft website.

I never had the quickest or most powerful car out on the track, but it was very easy to drive and reliable which is what got me my results. I spent most of my money on the suspension and brakes, 140hp was enough to get me into trouble when I wanted :lol:

Holly crap 1:50's for EC?

Yup, on old Michelin slicks that were bought from Paul Pickett and were way past there use by date.

With the new slicks and new motor currently in the car I was dissapointed with 1:52's last year, but hadn't driven the car for a long time, plus new brake master cylinder so felt completely different, plus no time to get used to the car again in one qualifying session when some drive shaft bolts came loose putting an awful vibration through the car.

Once I am up and running again properly, I would expect 1:48's with the current slicks I have.

Holly crap 1:50's for EC?

Yup' date=' on old Michelin slicks that were bought from Paul Pickett and were way past there use by date.

With the new slicks and new motor currently in the car I was dissapointed with 1:52's last year, but hadn't driven the car for a long time, plus new brake master cylinder so felt completely different, plus no time to get used to the car again in one qualifying session when some drive shaft bolts came loose putting an awful vibration through the car.

Once I am up and running again properly, I would expect 1:48's with the current slicks I have.[/quote']

Teach me master if you can get 1:50s with 140hp and weighing 940kg..

Man that means I should at least aim for 1:58's with 150hp and 1200kg? hehehhehe.

God Im dying to find out what it could do atm.

Im running as a 2a car in the vic state racing series

But i will be running as an invited car in the 2B class (alot of the cars that run 2b in Vic are not really 2b cars anyway as they have illigal motor bits etc)

Also as the rules have changed I could run in sports sedan class as an option.

I am not really going out to win races as I dont have the money to invest into a winning car. I can still keep alot of they guy with race winning cars honest though :)

Ash

I am sorry Grae but I don't want to give up my 3.36 LSD. Apart from having a spare I reckon this low ratio is pretty rare and is awesome on the open roads. I will be putting it in every time we go down to Tassie so that I can cruise on 200klms at 4000rpm while the others are screaming along trying to keep up. Also good for long trips if I was to drive up to Bathurst in it etc. Have a look around you might get lucky, but you have to be proactive to find them these days.

Im running as a 2a car in the vic state racing series

But i will be running as an invited car in the 2B class (alot of the cars that run 2b in Vic are not really 2b cars anyway as they have illigal motor bits etc)

Also as the rules have changed I could run in sports sedan class as an option.

I am not really going out to win races as I dont have the money to invest into a winning car. I can still keep alot of they guy with race winning cars honest though :)

Ash

The invited cars is always a good way to get in :lol:

You Victorians have always pushed the rules when it comes to 2B cars, especially around 10-15 years ago when the category was a little out of control :D At one stage I had a Group C RX7 bird bath on the back and it made a huge difference, I could drive through turn 1 at EC flat. First time we replaced with the the standard bob tail I went through flat and only myself and the dry cleaner know the true colour of adrenalin :lol: :shock:

How does a 240 run as a sports sedan, I know a 260 2+2 can, is this using the same rule book that allowed the Porsche 911's to run as production touring cars in the 70's and Moffat to run the RX7 in Group C days?