Wanted standard cam in good condition. Asap

Topstage

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i need another l series cams. I had an a grind cam from simon and decided tonput it in, instead the mechanic decided to regrind because of tolerance 20 thou difference. And i said if u can make it better i dont mind. Cut story short, its not good. My car struggles from to 3500 rpm! Then start to pick up revs!!!!!

So i decided to get another cam if anyone of u have one and i'm not goin to regrind regardless what ppl said.

Pls call me on 0401316460

Need one asap as its draining me everytime i drove my zed. My old setup feels and it is faster.

Which Mark? I'm not sure the problems is the cam from the symptoms!!!

Mark my words Mark.

The end of the cam I gave him was Mark-ed A grind. And you had the Mark of shock that I would give Freddy such a nice unMark-ed example, to be re-ground.

simon my apology, i told the guy to just put it on. he said he can make it better.

here is what happen, i put tripples dcoe45 13 series, coke 32mm. my car is l28 with l28 pistom and N42 head (for now till i get my p90/f54 combo built)

anyway cams in, and tripples in.... fuel pump in and fuel regs in. below 3500 rpm it just bog down!!!!! 4000 rpm it start to come alive, by 6000 rpm it alive and time to change gear!!!!! rediculous... i feel i want to just chuck my old setup back.

what u guys think the problem is? timing on cams or webber chokes? should i go smaller or bigger choke?

what is choke on webber? is it to restrict air or fuel delivery?

The chokes are there to speed up air flow through the carb and to create a pressure difference so the fuel is "sucked" through the jets and atomised before it enters the combustion chamber.

Do you happen to know the rest of your carb setup? I'm referring to your jets, emulsion tubes and venturis.

simon my apology, i told the guy to just put it on. he said he can make it better.

Just kidding you around mate  :D

What jets are you running in the carb's?

If your idle circuit is too large, it can give you similar behaviour if running rich.

Also, what are the cam specs?

You had this dyno tuned, so how about posting the dyno sheet?