280zx Suspension Replacement/Recommendation

swiftless

Hey guys,

I got my 280zx not too long back and she is nowhere near the smoothest of rides and also shakes a bit going over bumps in the road.

I'm looking for some new springs, shocks and anything else recommended to be replaced and was wondering if anyone knew something they would recommend?

I am after a standard height, I don't want to lower it and I'm not after anything pricey, I'd just like a nice smooth ride like my more modern cars.

On a side note, I've done bits and pieces on another car of mine but never with the suspension. Would people recommend giving it a go myself or taking it to a mechanic?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 280zx not too long back and she is nowhere near the smoothest of rides and also shakes a bit going over bumps in the road.

I'm looking for some new springs, shocks and anything else recommended to be replaced and was wondering if anyone knew something they would recommend?

On a side note, I've done bits and pieces on another car of mine but never with the suspension. Would people recommend giving it a go myself or taking it to a mechanic?

Try it yourself if you have the space, tools and confidence.  It's not really that hard.  If not, go to Peter Hall at Lobethal. You can find his number in the white pages.