[Bris] 1973 240z For Sale - SOLD

Zedback

EOI for a project I've been working on for the last few years that's really close to being finished.  I think I like the fixing more than anything else and now that it's nearly done and is competing with so many other things the motivation to keep going is waning.  If she sells I'll get stuck into the next project if not I'll finish her eventually. 

Basically it just needs finishing, major things being exhaust, seat belts, setting up/tuning the carbs, both front ball joints, various badges and whatever other minor things crop up... 

UPDATE: Fitted 2.5" exhaust and thermal barrier coated 3-2-1 headers, rear brake shoes, front sway bar and both bal joints.  Reset the carbs and with the exhast runs like it should.  The L28 fitted is a F54 block with N42 head and it comes with original matching number L24 for rebuild.

Model: 240z

Item Condition: Good - almost finished project but not a concourse resto, much is still original.

Body: Good.  Scratch on front RH guard where I dropped it during the rebuild :'(    Will provide the rest of the 901 Silver and clear coat paint.

Mechanical: Running 

Price and Payment Conditions: $15k

Engineers Certificate: na

Contact Details: PM please

Pictures:

IMG_0858.jpg

Out of my league but good luck with the sale! If you still have any parts 240's floating around i might be interested. Just need a real low end car to get me started.

See Curtis240 he's got a couple for sale that are probably as low end as you'll find.

Had some requests for interior shots...

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

• 4 months later...

is this still for sale??

thanks dene

Yes

also any photos of the engine bay?

thanks

Just fitted thermal coated 3-2-1 headers, 2.5" exhaust and adjusted the carbs - running sweet.  Hadn't noticed before but the L28 is an f54/n42.

It's up in the air at the moment waiting for me to fit new ball joints, rear shoes and refit the front/rear sway bars.

post-525-144023675181_thumb.jpg

Are you really going to sell that car Mike. If you keep working on it, you will have to put the price up as you go. Love the rocker cover. Is it painted or powder coated, mine is going to be yellow, painted. I thought it was your keeper but with all the cars you have got I guess some has to go. 8)

Are you really going to sell that car Mike. If you keep working on it, you will have to put the price up as you go. Love the rocker cover. Is it painted or powder coated, mine is going to be yellow, painted. I thought it was your keeper but with all the cars you have got I guess some has to go. 8)

Yeah Pete I'll let it go if I'm offered a reasonable amount for it.  Though after getting it running nice last weekend if I do much more I might get second thoughts, but there are so many other projects...

The rocker cover is just sprayed in red heat paint, nothing special though I took a bit of care in the prep and spray.

Just payed a deposit+booked plane tickets to go pick up a 240z down in sydney.. Would have gone this if I had looked a bit harder.. damn lol, Hows the cheese grater z going?

Hey Stevo, look on the bright side - you're getting a 240z, a plane ride and a road trip back.  I like the nick name, I'll now refer to the '71 as the "cheese grater"!

Is a good point mate :P Going to go the scenic way and drive around bathurst and around the mountains ^^. been wanting to do a road trip in all my z's but haven't done anything to spectacular yet, quietly excited!

Should get some number plated *grater* or something made up later as well. Your a inspiration fixing z's like you do! I shall invest in some magnets and a welder and learn one day (probably sooner then later haha).

Good luck with selling the 73! The price is more then fair